Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rain Sensors

ford focus edge

Can it be done!

Ive been looking into fitting rain and light sensors of a mk3 mondey the sensors them self's can be picked up pretty cheap but is there certain looms etc for it or can it be hacked into the existing loom ive got the ghia stalk already fitted but im suffering from boredom and think rain and light sensors would be a way to be even more lazy than usual :P .

Bugger just realised im being a prat i dont have the auto function on the lights <_< il go shoot myself for wasting peoples time reading this lol.

Does anyone know how to fit a auto-dimming rear view mirror though again out of a mk3 mondey

if anything like other cars, there are 2 wires...just wire into the center light on the roof...all sorted.

cant be done with the standed loom as the wires just arnt there. you will have to make a new loom or just dont bother lol its more hassle than its worth B)

i thought the only thing you needed was power to the unit as the sensor for the auto dim is in the mirror itself and draws power from the constant feed on the coutesy light :unsure:...well thats how it worked in my old peugeot...but i cant say it is the same for ford... :rolleyes:

Bugger just realised im being a prat i dont have the auto function on the lights <_< il go shoot myself for wasting peoples time reading this lol.

Does anyone know how to fit a auto-dimming rear view mirror though again out of a mk3 mondey

what I like about you is you are always willing to have a go. Obviously some peeps just don't see it being cost or time effective. but it's not about that is it.

And yes two of the "toys" I miss from the Volvo S40 are the rain sensing wipers, and the auto dimming rear view mirror. Obviously not essential to have em....but

Here you go how about asking Santa for some of these for Christmas Tyre Dog

Apparently tyre pressure and heat monitoring will become a requirement on all new vehicles in the EU in 2012

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180567449296&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3785wt_1139

Thats the easiest option but it looks crap in the sense its a massive box stuck to the windscreen and because its not a proper ford system id be forever questioning it.

Cheers for the replys though guys but it looks like this is a none starter the aftermarket systems ive seen are huge and ungainly and the ford system cant be fitted urghhhh.

Catch NEVER link me to e-bay this is how these little missions start off!! Thing that kick started this one off was my dads sold the st220 and bought a saab 9-3 aero and that dosent have the light and rain sensors so hes moaning about having to play with the switches and stalks all the time and we havent even picked the bloodey thing up yet lol.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180567449296&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3785wt_1139

Catch NEVER link me to e-bay this is how these little missions start off!! Thing that kick started this one off was my dads sold the st220 and bought a saab 9-3 aero and that dosent have the light and rain sensors so hes moaning about having to play with the switches and stalks all the time and we havent even picked the bloodey thing up yet lol.

:lol:

OK no eBay links..... how about this one, a lot neater with the sensors actually inside the tyre Tyresure....obviously it's £24 cheaper on eBay :rolleyes:

You know a decent premium brand tyre can cost you circa £70 upwards, so not really as dear as you think. And when you take into consideration the potential fuel saving, tyre wear savings. And possibly for warning you in some cases of a potential tyre blow out scenario prior to it actually happening....go on you know you want to :D

:lol:

OK no ebay links..... how about this one, a lot neater with the sensors actually inside the tyre Tyresure....obviously it's £24 cheaper on ebay :rolleyes:

You know a decent premium brand tyre can cost you circa £70 upwards, so not really as dear as you think. And when you take into consideration the potential fuel saving, tyre wear savings. And possibly for warning you in some cases of a potential tyre blow out scenario prior to it actually happening....go on you know you want to :D

I want to but at the same time i dont because of money issues if i was minted i would but my tyres are ok bar the back drivers side one which has a slow puncture so needs pumping up once a week but that takes all of 2 mins to do so dosent bother me and its getting worn so will be swapped soon anyway.

2 things it NEEDS though are a new heated seat switch on the passenger side and a pair of sill plates because mine are looking rather battered after 6yrs of feet lol but the switches are like hens teeth and the plates are 25 quid so there no worry just the bloodey switch thats hard to find.

i have the auto function on my car as picked up from scrappy also with dash dim so would be interested in how auto lights are fitted if possible regards to mirror one wire is to lights when on other to earth thats how i done mine all works fine