Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Installing A Subwoofer

Kasim786

Hey there people! B)

Im stuck at the moment!!

Drive a 60 plate fiesta titanium ;) and want to upgrade the Speakers, i want to install a subwoofer in the boot for extra bass!! however as you might know its hard to change the headunit on the new fiestas so i want to keep the standard headunit in, any idea how i can get the install done? the sub will have an active amp installed so i wont need to buy a seperate amp.

Help!!! :( :(

I had mine done a few weeks ago and iv found if the sub is good enough for what music you'll be playing all you need to do is just turn the base down on the head unit so the Speakers are only being used for vocals. Search yell.com for car audio fitters and get a few quotes in from people they'll tend to be quite competitive because they'll want the business. The head unit will be fine as it is, i watched him fit all the wiring and and it isn't a particularly big job maybe 90mins work. Hope that helps

or it's free if you fit it yourself. I did mine so if you need any help if you get stuck ill be happy to answer any questions :D

or it's free if you fit it yourself. I did mine so if you need any help if you get stuck ill be happy to answer any questions :D

+1... although it depends how confident you are at taking the car apart!

I did mine on the weekend following the guides here and here

Sounds great tbh...

+1... although it depends how confident you are at taking the car apart!

I did mine on the weekend following the guides here and here

Sounds great tbh...

the way I did mine I didn't have to touch the dash the only pieces of trim I had to take off were the rear door cards and the bits of plastic running along the doors.

How did you not need to take any off the dashboard parts off? How did u install the sub then?

How did you not need to take any off the dashboard parts off? How did u install the sub then?

I took the signal directly from the speaker wire going into the rear Speakers. I cut the cables, split them into 2, 1 half into a line output converter, 1 half into the speaker level input on my 6x9 amp and then the RCA connection into my subwoofer amp. The remote cable for my sub amp is connected directly to the battery with an in-line switch mounted neatly in the glove box :). the other amp has "signal sensing turn-on" which means no remote cable is needed as the amplifier automatically turns on when there is a signal going to it (when the HU is on).

The reason I chose this method is because line output converters are very prone to interference (engine noise, alternator whine etc...) so by connecting the line output converter at the rear of the car this will reduce the interference. Also I didn't need to risk ruining the beautiful dashboard on my pride and joy :).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club