Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Tints - Advice Required

Raizak

I'm looking to get my rear windows in my Frozen White 2010 Fiesta Zetec S Done. I know there are lots of different types of tints and percentages of light must go through etc. Has anyone else had it done?

I live in Scotland also, so any recommendations??

Any advice is greatly appreciated, i really don't want them to be too dark! P.S Pics would be excellent!

If you dont want them too dark my pic isnt realy going to help you.... or maybe it will!

f9fd35d9.jpg

That is limo on the back and light smoke on the front(although it looks alot darker on the front than it actually is)

HTH

On a white fiesta the blacker the better. Mine are the blackest I could find and they look great but don't impair my rear view mirror vision. I don't see why you would want lighter tints ? they look awful on a sunny day :/

I searched around the Central Belt for someone to tint my previous car. Was initially recommended Tinthaus at Ratho Station - they looked professional enough but their prices were OTT. After some research I ended up at Diamond Tints in Rutherglen. Guys did a great job on what was supposed to be a difficult car to tint and were very reasonable. I think paid around £120 for rear 3 windows but that was 3 years ago.

I know the local VW dealer, Verve used them.

Where about in Scotland? I have been thinking about tints for about a year now :lol: I even had my car booked in and then cancelled because I don't no what I want :(

I like my windows to look like windows and shy away from going too dark. Also don't like the darker in the back, lighter in the front tint....reminds me of mullets. I went 40% on all windows except the windshield in these pics. Was waiting on my plates before I do the windshield, which will get 50%. Transition from 40% to 50% is pretty smooth looking. All of it is ceramic tint. Quality of tint varies. If you didn't ask and you didn't pay much, you might have gotten a dyed tint. It is purely for looks, it offers little protection or heat reduction from the sun. Metallic tint provides solar protection, but can interfer with navigation, sat. radios, AM reception and keyless entry. Ceramic tint does solar protection and does not interfer with anything...but is expensive.

img201010171336151.jpg

img20100927120358.jpg

Once I get the windshield tinted, it will be slightly darker looking all around as well.

I had my rear two windows and the rear windscreen tinted last Friday in that medium smoke.

It looks amazing and cost £120 for the lot.

I'm well impressed with it :)

Thanks for the advice and help everyone. I'm from North Ayrshire also (west of Scotland).

Once I get the windshield tinted, it will be slightly darker looking all around as well.

In the UK it is illegal (and surely it is pretty dangerous anyway) to have any tint applied to our windscreen. The exception being a 'sunstrip' which is allowed to cover the top 10-15% or the area not reached by the wipers or something.

And the 40 and 50% figures for your tints: is that the amount of light that is let through?

In the UK it is illegal (and surely it is pretty dangerous anyway) to have any tint applied to our windscreen. The exception being a 'sunstrip' which is allowed to cover the top 10-15% or the area not reached by the wipers or something.

And the 40 and 50% figures for your tints: is that the amount of light that is let through?

It is illegal here as well. 50% tint on the windshield is not a hazard for driving, not even close. I've had my bimmer tinted 35% all round and 50% on the windshield for a while now and I see through it perfectly at night on the darkest roads, as well as the auto-dimming rearview mirror. It does however, offer me protection from the sun, which I consider a hazard. After going through cancer wards and seeing people with skin cancer, I have since started tinting every single window on my car. The windshield is the biggest window on the car and the one most likely to have light shinning in on you. I have seen too many people missing parts of their face because it was cancerous and had to be removed. Granted, they are very old, probably spent alot of time sunbathing and probably started out with a very pale complexion, but it kinda freaked me out. I don't tint my car for just aesthetics. I don't know how sunny it gets in England, but I grew up in Hawaii and California and it's pretty sunny in either state. Older cars interior fades pretty bad here. The sun obviously damages it. If the sun can damage such things, imagine what it is doing to your skin. Like I said, I get ceramic tint. I want my tint to actually do something other then look nice. I want it to protect my cars interior......not to mention me....from the sun.

50% tint is barely noticable as being tinted, although observant people will notice and no doubt the cops do notice. Most cops are people too and I'll take my chances with a fix it ticket.....and then get 70% tint put back on right after. They have a 70% ceramic tint as well that offers all the protection, but is virtually clear. And yes, these figures are for the amount of light allowed through.

I would get the rear side and back window done very dark (limo?) but beware on a previous Honda I found some difficulty in seeing out the back when in some multi storey car parks or in unlit areas at night. If your car has factory tints on the front windows any additional tint will most likely make them illegal, I have tested this in the past and even a bit of sellotape was enough to block light below the legal limit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club