Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Headlight Bulbs - Brightest Legal Ones I Can Get?

Raizak

Hi guys it's me again lol! I'm getting my rear windows tinted next week, my ford gel badges are on their way aswell so now i've thought about changing my bulbs from the headlights to something that is much clearer and brighter.

Are they hard to change and what's the best one's (brightest) i can get that are legal and won't get me pulled every 5 minutes lol? Cheers! :lol:

I am also looking to change mine in the near future

Some non-road-legal H7s that my mates swear by are the TRW lucas rally blues.. they are not officially road legal but would never have a problem with the heddlu

However, I think the view of the forum here is to go for phillips silver visions iirc

hope this helps

RBJ

Bluevision gets my vote. But seeing as you haven't got an MOT for a few years I'd go hid 6k as the mk7 has projector headlights so the light dispersion is the same.

I love my posh looking lights

Hi - I bought some from Halfords and they're absolutely brilliant.

They give a nice white and can see the difference when driving in low light conditions.

I have these:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_491435_langId_-1_categoryId_205263

They're buy one get one free at the minute anyway so well worth a look!

As for the headlight unit - expect trouble! It took me about 20 minutes to get the first one off and lost patience and just ended up ripping out a little bit and hoping for the best lol - fortunately it did work!

Hi - I bought some from Halfords and they're absolutely brilliant.

They give a nice white and can see the difference when driving in low light conditions.

I have these:

http://www.halfords....tegoryId_205263

They're buy one get one free at the minute anyway so well worth a look!

As for the headlight unit - expect trouble! It took me about 20 minutes to get the first one off and lost patience and just ended up ripping out a little bit and hoping for the best lol - fortunately it did work!

are you for real?! the mk7 has THE easiest headlight removal I've ever seen, 2 screws and then a tug to take it out of a clip housed underneath.

takes 2 mins max to undo eachside!!

are you for real?! the mk7 has THE easiest headlight removal I've ever seen, 2 screws and then a tug to take it out of a clip housed underneath.

1) Yes, I am for real.

2) I'm extremely glad you take 2 minutes. I'll pick you a trophy up after work tomorrow.

Headlight changing guide at the top of the forum :lol:

Its dead simple!

I've had no problems with my Philips since installing them, they looks so much cleaner and brighter

(Edit - Guide at the bottom of my sig)

Anyone got a suggested retailer or a direct link to the silver visions? I can only find x-treme vision etc? ;)

i would love to see that , oh and dont forget you forgot to mention the removal of the wire cable

to the OP i have philips bluvisions for my headlights and for full beam i have the philips extreme power , very pleased with both , you dont get a blue tint from the bluevisions but they are defiantly whiter looking and are a big improvement over the standards.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/

You don't even need to take the light out. I changed my HIDs buy removing the rubber cap at the back and fitting them from there.

No need to take the whole unit if you don't feel comfortable doing so.

i would love to see that , oh and dont forget you forgot to mention the removal of the wire cable

to the OP i have philips bluvisions for my headlights and for full beam i have the philips extreme power , very pleased with both , you dont get a blue tint from the bluevisions but they are defiantly whiter looking and are a big improvement over the standards.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/

Do you seriously want me to record myself against a stop watch? What you gonna get me for doing it. I'll even start with my tool box closed and use a manual screw driver, no ratchet or automated tools.

So far I'll have a medal from one member plus your amazement for doin it in 120seconds seemingly.

The wire removal from the lamp itself would be far from an obstacle.

Who else doesn't believe me, can we start a pool on the actual time it'd take me :)

Do you seriously want me to record myself against a stop watch? What you gonna get me for doing it. I'll even start with my tool box closed and use a manual screw driver, no ratchet or automated tools.

So far I'll have a medal from one member plus your amazement for doin it in 120seconds seemingly.

The wire removal from the lamp itself would be far from an obstacle.

Who else doesn't believe me, can we start a pool on the actual time it'd take me :)

you need to chill out a bit mate haha.

you need to chill out a bit mate haha.

can i put you down for a time of 1min 39 seconds?

Mikester, can you take some photos of how you've got your HID Ballests and stuff in place? Really interested in getting some for my fez but can't find any pics of them fitted anywhere! <_<

Mikester, can you take some photos of how you've got your HID Ballests and stuff in place? Really interested in getting some for my fez but can't find any pics of them fitted anywhere! dry.gif

yeah sure, i'll take some photos when i've removed a lamp in the sub 2 min region.... lol

but to give you an idea, i used sikaflex on my first set (rather than the pads provided) to secure the ballasts to the under side of the lamp, so they're completely out the way. but this time around i've used the pads and even with the stiff coilovers on a daily commute on bumpy roads they're still attached, so the pads are just as good as glue/sealant.

there's a mod you'll need to do to your metal clamp that holds the original bulb in, it only needs stretching slightly to allow a cable through before putting it back into shape. i'll do a guide if there's enough demand...

yeah sure, i'll take some photos when i've removed a lamp in the sub 2 min region.... lol

but to give you an idea, i used sikaflex on my first set (rather than the pads provided) to secure the ballasts to the under side of the lamp, so they're completely out the way. but this time around i've used the pads and even with the stiff coilovers on a daily commute on bumpy roads they're still attached, so the pads are just as good as glue/sealant.

there's a mod you'll need to do to your metal clamp that holds the original bulb in, it only needs stretching slightly to allow a cable through before putting it back into shape. i'll do a guide if there's enough demand...

I'd love a guide but you probly wouldn't get much intrest here on FOC :P

You could even make a 1min 58Sec long video of you removing it :lol:

Lol. Youre right, it'd get deleted and I'd be suspended for proactively influencing users to fit 'illegal' parts.

I'll just get you a pic when I next open the bonnet

Lol. Youre right, it'd get deleted and I'd be suspended for proactively influencing users to fit 'illegal' parts.

I'll just get you a pic when I next open the bonnet

lmao! Cheers dude, can send it me in a private message if you want! :D

I think I have Osram Bluevision .... but, I want HID's :lol:, i see you not get HID's for reflector headlamps, does this make them legal? (Plzzzzzz say yes :lol:)

I think I have Osram Bluevision .... but, I want HID's :lol:, i see you not get HID's for reflector headlamps, does this make them legal? (Plzzzzzz say yes :lol:)

There not illegal, they just won't pass an MOT thus making the car unroadworthy, that's the illegal part.

The reflected lamps with HIDs just look like they weren't meant for xenons, whereas projector style lamps look executive and can pass HIDs off really well. Also the glare and light dispersion is non existent on projectors. You'll get this on reflector style lamps unfortunately.

If it's any consolation I had HIDs on my mk6.5 for 2 years and never once had a problem, no bother from police and noone flashed me :)

• 2 years later...

Can anyone post a picture of their blue visions or xtreme visions? Much abliged