Do Not Sell My Personal Information

replacing the focus stereo

stezers

hi im new to this forum so ill start by saying hi to every1

have any of you replaced the 6000 series with an aftermarket double din stereo

i know that theres some slight modifications that have to be done

but i cant find many people that have attemped it and just woundering if any of you have

if so could you let me know what you had to do and could you post any pics

cheers

neil

Hiya yes i have its easy u just need a mounting cage and a spacer for it from Halfords no more than £50 for the lot are u getting rid of your ford stereo is it a cd player one i have a aftermarket stereo which i dont like mine is a sony xplod with a small remote as well very loud be willing to swap with you i would pay postage of course

cheers matt

sorry im keeping the stereo because i will put it back in when i sell my car, have you changed the speakers in your focus if so did you buy replacement ones

im going to replace the Speakers from the front doors on my momdeo, ones broken (crackles when volume turned up). went to Halfords and told their 13" Speakers and need adapters to fit them, costing about £40 to replace bothe Speakers and get the adapters.

• 3 weeks later...
Hiya yes i have its easy u just need a mounting cage and a spacer for it from halfords no more than £50 for the lot are u getting rid of your ford stereo is it a cd player one i have a aftermarket stereo which i dont like mine is a sony xplod with a small remote as well very loud be willing to swap with you i would pay postage of course

cheers matt

Hi mate,

If your focus is is between 1998 - 2002 then the front door Speakers are 5x7 direct fit or you can also fit 6x9 but it will require adaptor for mounting. and you will need a iso cable for your stereo and a facial panel which can be baught from eBay. any further info just ask.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

I searched about a bit and did some reading - was very simple in the end I just followed the instructions on demon audio - they've got a few stereo upgrade / removal tutorials for the Focus:

Head Unit upgrade for models between 1998 and 2004:

http://www.demonaudio.co.uk/tutorial/Ford/Focus/HowtoupgradeaFordFocusstereo9804.aspx

Head Unit upgrade for models between 2005 and 2007:

http://www.demonaudio.co.uk/tutorial/Ford/Focus/HowtoupgradeaFordFocusstereoJan05March07.aspx

Speaker Upgrade for Focus models between 1998 and 2004:

http://www.demonaudio.co.uk/tutorial/Ford/Focus/HowtoupgradeaFordFocusspeakers.aspx

It's louder now - and I have iPod controls too :)

Hope this helps someone else who's wondering how it's done.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club