Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control: Is It Possible To Retro Fit?

eco-paul

steering wheel fasia with cruise control ~ £40-£80 eBay

programing dipens your guy with IDS...

all max £150 i guess

what sort of forum makes a member of the site in to a member of staff.

when they taunt others with the modification they claim to have gotten to operate correctly and wont help others with the knowledge that they have found.??

To be honest by the time I 'd have bought the bits so do it even if Nathan told people how it would probably cost just as much. Yes it would be nice if he shared it but no doubt the hardware cost a lot (even clome modules are £75 on Ebay) to be iused for a one or two off, not to mention the fact You'd have to learn how to use it.

I'm happy to pay towards that cost as lets face it without it Ford would never turn it on as an option.

I have my cruise control on my Fiesta thanks for iNath, and now i can do add as well to others... just need a steering wheel facia with cruise control swich fitted

It's probably worth getting together a "sucessful list" Your profile doenst say what specific model you have , I've got the parts for the folding mirrors and cruise control to fit my 2010 Econetic, and it's just a case fo getting Nathan and my schedule together to do the programming. However if we list what upgrades do and (and does not) work on what model may save someone buying parts they then have to flog on as they don't work.

Nathan already has the doorcard vide and the sterring wheel cover removal tutorial but a list of known sucessfuls and unsucessfuls would help people too.

steering wheel fasia with cruise control ~ £40-£80 eBay

programing dipens your guy with IDS...

all max £150 i guess

Hmm, if I find someone with the bits to do it, I might go for it, seems a decent plan.

and on an off topic note:

when they taunt others with the modification they claim to have gotten to operate correctly and wont help others with the knowledge that they have found.??

doesnt make sence to me if im honest, and sorry to take thing off topic but i feel it has to be said.

Lenny, if you have an issue with my position on the forum please raise this with a member of senior staff.

On the topic of cruise control: Whilst I agree this forum is a great source of information and help to many of it's members I do not appreciate the comments made towards me for this particular modification. My current setup of hardware (laptop, VCM & IDS) cost in excess of £500. I took a gamble on this as there was no guarentee it would even work.

I have also invested many hours of my time decoding Ford's asbuilt file and testing multiple combinations on my own vehicle until I found what was required to activate the feature. I have also put together a guide which shows how to check if you vehicle is even compatible as [i believe] most 1.6 petrols made before 2010 do not having the wiring loom required.

After all of the time & money involved it is not unreasonable for me to try and make a return on my investment. I am registered as self-employed and pay taxes on my earnings just like anyone else. I do not activately advertise my services on this particular forum but if members come to me for help I will assist and charge accordingly for my time.

To all those that believe I am wrong to charge for this service I am confused. If a company creates a map for your engine and charges £400 for it, do you email that company expecting it for free? And to those that accuse me of 'teasing' - this thread was created to answer the question if cruise control is possible, to which I have replied yes. If you would like to figure out the code for yourself most of the information required has already been posted.

• Like 1

Nathan already has the doorcard vide and the sterring wheel cover removal tutorial but a list of known sucessfuls and unsucessfuls would help people too.

I am currently compiling a list, here's what I have so far:

'10' 2010 Zetec-S 1.6 TDCi

'10' 2010 Zetec-S 1.6 vTEC

'60' 2010 Zetec-S 1.6 vTEC

Do not work (missing wiring loom)

'58' 2008 Zetec-S 1.6 vTEC

'09' 2019 Zetec-S 1.6 vTEC

Hmm, if I find someone with the bits to do it, I might go for it, seems a decent plan.

Kwik Parts via eBay sold me mine for £66 all in. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280729599904?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 But they are out of stock at the moment.

eBay prices vary form £60 to £80 that I've seen, RA Spares in Benfleet had one for £30 but was sold before I rang them back, that lead came by Breakeryard

I can find the wheel, just need someone with the tech to do it >.<

To all those that believe I am wrong to charge for this service I am confused. If a company creates a map for your engine and charges £400 for it, do you email that company expecting it for free? And to those that accuse me of 'teasing' - this thread was created to answer the question if cruise control is possible, to which I have replied yes. If you would like to figure out the code for yourself most of the information required has already been posted.

Nath, Could you give me details of how long the mod would take / how much you would charge if you were willing to activate / set up cruise control? I understand that this may violate certain forum rules so perhaps you could give me an e-mail address or something where we could talk further. Thanks

Nath, Could you give me details of how long the mod would take / how much you would charge if you were willing to activate / set up cruise control? I understand that this may violate certain forum rules so perhaps you could give me an e-mail address or something where we could talk further. Thanks

Nath I am also interested in this although my car isn't on the working list 2011 1.6tdci zs my heavy foot is becoming a problem for my fuel economy

Just a follow up, Met Nathan today and I have to day He was a really great guy, Really helpful in explaining how he was fitting bits so that I know how to revert it back to looking like it should if I ever need to.

Anyway I now have, cruise and power fold mirrors on my 2010 Econetic.

Build Date: 25.09.2010

Engine: 1.6L Duratorq DI SOHC (95PS)

Niehl Plant Built

Also we noticed a few differences in the door cards as we fitted a mirror, about to go put that as a note to the card removal guide. Suprisingly the Zetec S door cards are slimmer than my Econetic, and have a few less screws when you'd expect them to be the same apart form the fabric trim.

bneeco you are very brave discussing such matters on this forum regarding the STAFF :rolleyes:

doesnt make sence to me if im honest, and sorry to take thing off topic but i feel it has to be said. :mellow:

This post is bang out of order. It was suggested by one member of staff that Nath should join the team and this was endorsed by other members - including me.

The cruise control situation has NOTHING to do with Nath's position on the forum staff, although actually I think he's dealt with the whole situation in a very carefully considered fashion. This is the sort of thing we look for in staff members - rather than mouthing off.

It sounds to me like a case of sour grapes.

This post is bang out of order. It was suggested by one member of staff that Nath should join the team and this was endorsed by other members - including me.

The cruise control situation has NOTHING to do with Nath's position on the forum staff, although actually I think he's dealt with the whole situation in a very carefully considered fashion. This is the sort of thing we look for in staff members - rather than mouthing off.

It sounds to me like a case of sour grapes.

:lol: ''sour grapes'' theirs more to life than FOC Dan, and theirs other members that have contributed as much and alot more than i have done on here,

if you suspect that i am feeling ''sour grapes'' then i thank you for your suspisions, because that must mean that you feel i have done some element of good on this forum, and by making the ''sour grapes'' statment towards me you must assume that i am in seek of managment aproval for it, and i thank you for that thought but it is not correct. i am happy to be free to log in and out of many forums as a user and not a creator or staff member.

im not upset or annoyed at iNath's position, the operations of FOC are by far beyond my reach, understanding or interest my friend. which i have made clear in previous posts.

i share my guides on many forums not just FOC five forums to be exact all contain all of my guides found on this site and the other four forum style websites, all with the specific website logo in the background of the PDF's and all free of charge because im a genuine kind of guy and proud to be a free agent who owes nothing to anyone, and happy to help.

some people may find that hard to understand,

i just said what many people have been thinking and discussing, if you dont believe me on this then wait till the renewall dates on peoples contributor subscriptions expire and are not renewed including mine,

and why are you bringing this topic up now when i saw you had been reading this topic straight after i wrote the post during the week,why didnt you respond to it then if you had an issue?

also are you accusing me of mouthing off on the forum? if yes please provide more info on this accusation mate?

and once again to all sorry to all for taking this thread off topic :)

My last post was a statement of fact. It needs no further explanation.

And just so we're clear - I was Edinburgh, 300 miles from my computer and internet connection when you posted your comments about FOC's staff selections.

My last post was a statement of fact. It needs no further explanation.

And just so we're clear - I was Edinburgh, 300 miles from my computer and internet connection when you posted your comments about FOC's staff selections.

:D suppose we will just leave it then so,.....

and if you were away from the computer mate,

then you need to change your password because you name was in the log at the bottom of the screen,

makes no difference to me either way mate weather you responded then or yesterday but the bar at the bottom of the screen had your user name in it last week when i wrote the post,

i have no reason to lye to you and i would advise that you change your password as a precaution mate.

and once again to all sorry to all for taking this thread off topic :)

• 9 years later...

Hi I have a 2014 1.0 auto EcoBoost I want to understand if it would it's possible to just buy the silver trim with cruise button then get hold of software to set it up. I've got an auto electrician who has fitted and aftermarket I e to my old fiesta but and suspects that would be easier than fitting factory version due to lack of software. Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

It’s a common upgrade on the mk7.5, fit the trim, button and loom, then activate it using the Forscan programme which you can download, you would need a elm327 lead.

Thanks for your reply where can you download it from please? 

3 minutes ago, NEO86 said:

Thanks for your reply where can you download it from please? 

Forscan.org

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club