Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.4 Tdci Eac Fail

DaveG

Hi All

Got a little query for the mechanically minded out there:

I drove 4 miles this morning, loaded the car up (bags of soil & sand), upon return car throttle seemed juddery, seconds later EAC FAIL appeared on dash and power was non existent, i managed to get the car home very slowly and during the process discovered that as i struggled (i.e no more acceleration) changing up enabled me to go quicker I managed to get up to about 30.

I got home left the car for about 2 hours, I got back in it, in order to drop it off at a garage and the EAC FAIL and gone (I'd literally done nothing to the car), I drove it the 6 miles without any problem (@60mph).

I am hoping that the garage will find a problem (in order to solve the mystery)when they hook it up to the diagnostic machine.

In the mean time does anybody have a clue what might have caused it, the roads were very wet & conditions damp, as well as being loaded there were a couple of small speed bumps and pot holes to contend with?.

Any info would be appreciated.

this is a common problem on the 1.4 tdci and ford are stumped how to fix it, (google the problem to see all the forums)talk to the dealer and see if they know a cure for the peugeot engine.

The Car continues to be fine no apparent re-ocurrence of EAC FAIL.

Car got hooked up to a diagnostic machine today, the ONLY fault that came up was P0606 ECM/PCM FAULT :-(

The mechanic reckons water may have got into some of the cables/connection (it has ben very wet/cold lately), he cleaned and sprayed all the leads etc.

Apparently the ecu which i believe is where the ecm/pcm is housed can be sent off for testing and possibly repair.

Has anyone had this done and if so how much did it cost and how long did it take, would a week sound about right?.

I've had similar problems, but not on my Fusion. The symptoms sound like your car has gone in to "Limp Home" mode where the engine's revs are limited by the ECU to something like 1700rpm. This allows you to continue you the journey without damaging anything. In my case the cause was a faulty sensor in the air intake manifold which re-set itself when I switched off the car. It happened a couple of times after that until I had the sensor renewed.

I've had similar problems, but not on my Fusion. The symptoms sound like your car has gone in to "Limp Home" mode where the engine's revs are limited by the ECU to something like 1700rpm. This allows you to continue you the journey without damaging anything. In my case the cause was a faulty sensor in the air intake manifold which re-set itself when I switched off the car. It happened a couple of times after that until I had the sensor renewed.

Other than the one incident on Sunday I've had no re-occurence, the car continues to drive as it did before the incident, I would presume and hope that if it was a serious fault, I.e a knacked ECU that the EAC FAIL would be on all the time ?.

If you had a knackered ECU I would have thought that you would get the problem all the time or you would have at least seen it happening again. It may have been something electronic getting all excited and now it's calmed down :-)