Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Is Tailgate Release Button? Estate 05 Mk2

catnapping123

Hello - I've just bought a Ford Focus Estate 05 plate, Mark II (New shape), and I can't find a button on/near the dash to open the boot. Luckily the keyfob opens the boot, but that appears the only way. Is there a concealed button on the dash? Lowdown on the RH drivers side there is an outlet a bit like a computer port, do I have a button missing?

I don't want to rely just on the keyfob, what happens when the batteries suddenly run out? I've tried pressing the two buttons under the rubber handle on the boot, but they are not working either.

I think on the later cars the button is in the tailgate trim above the numberplate.

Thank you for your fast reply - I really appreciate it (paranoid newbie owner). Is there a sequence to make these buttons work, as I've tried pressing one, and both, with all the doors unlocked and nothing happens.

hello,

Oh dear it seems as though you are having the same problem as me.....refer to my post on page 4 titled '05 Focus Boot Issue' and the post under it.

is a common problem on 04-07 Focus's

Thank you APJ I hope you are sorted now. I did ring a Ford garage which quotes £32 for the switch plus fitting, if it comes to it, I think I will invest in another remote key so I don't run into difficulties when the battery needs changing. From reading up on it it seems that water seeping into the unit is the cause of the problem.

hi there,

id be interested to know what ford charge you in terms of labour for fitting the new lock? i phoned my local ford garage the other day and was also quoted about £32 for a new lock. God knows what the labour charge would be, should be a fairly straight forward job just awkward climbing into the boot space to initially take the old lock off. Im glad that its not a new GEM unit that is required as they cost loads!

hi there,

id be interested to know what ford charge you in terms of labour for fitting the new lock? i phoned my local ford garage the other day and was also quoted about £32 for a new lock. God knows what the labour charge would be, should be a fairly straight forward job just awkward climbing into the boot space to initially take the old lock off. Im glad that its not a new GEM unit that is required as they cost loads!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club