Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Old style fiesta wont start

mmibe

Have an old ford fiesta popular 1.1L. Had been stationary for around 2 yrs, got it all fixed up and working and drove 700miles over a month no problem. suddenly wont start, engine ticks over but wont catch. Have had roadside rescue out who dried all electrics, sprayed sealant and cleaned up. started fine. following day wont start again, cant find any sign od damp in electrics, any idea?

have u changed the ht leads????....it maybe them.....if it's not try the spark plugs they may need cleaning

Give me a message and i will talk u through either by telephone or email on loads of things to check for without spending money or if u live less than 20 mile from b'ham i can come downa nd have a look

Cheers

Matt

Have an old ford fiesta popular 1.1L. Had been stationary for around 2 yrs, got it all fixed up and working and drove 700miles over a month no problem. suddenly wont start, engine ticks over but wont catch. Have had roadside rescue out who dried all electrics, sprayed sealant and cleaned up. started fine. following day wont start again, cant find any sign od damp in electrics, any idea?

have you had a look at your disy cap rotor arm and condenser and points could be something to do with them or if its ecu ignition could be something to do with the box OR if it is manual choke could be the bracket that holds the plastic coating has broken and when you pull the choke to start it it is pulling the sheething as well giving you no choke if it is then a jublee clip can solve this lol as the same happened on my fiesta oh and which mk of fiesta is it as i think the mk3 1.1L are ecu

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club