Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Custom Cd's

Graeme Smurf

Hi, I want to burn a cd to put in my fez, and I'm wondering if its possible to do it. I have a mk 7 zetec with the silver unit. The cd will contain mp3 format songs

I owned a mk 6.5 fez and the custom made cd got mis read and stuck, and needed the dash removing to get it out :(

Thanks in advance

dunno about that, but if you have usb you can pop the mp3s on a usb stick and play them that way.

dunno about that, but if you have usb you can pop the mp3s on a usb stick and play them that way.

Thanks, but I'd rather CD as i find it difficult to skip track etc whilst driving (no usb, only aux)

Ive made shed loads of custom CDs with mp3 files on it and used in both my fiestas I have owned (both mk7s)

When your CD got stuck - did it have a label glued on to it? As I once had the same problem (though with a car CD multichanger) caused by the sticky label on the home-made CD - after which I didn't label my home burnt CDs & had no more problems.

If your stuck CD had been labelled then I suspect that was what caused the problem - i.e. unlabelled CDs should be OK. Maplin sell special pens to allow you to write directly on to the CD so they don't become mixed up.

Also I heard somewhere that CD-RWs can be prone to jamming as they're (apparently?) slightly thicker than CD-Rs.

Just a thought!

• Thanks 1

I have a CD-R in mine at the moment, no problems so far

I've used CDR's plenty of times. The only problems I've had were with labels peeling off (fortunately it came out, but I'm never risking it again) and with skipping if I've put too many tracks on one cd.

almost all of my cds are data discs and i dont have any issues

apart from that mentioned in the other thread... where tracks towards the end of a really full disc will skip a bit

I dont know whether this could be fixed by burning at a lower speed. And just dont fill a disc to the brim

hope this helps

I havnt checked yet but can we use DVDs with mp3 on them in our mk7?

cheers

cd's only unfortunately.

4 dvd's would contain all of my music collection if we could use dvd's!!!!

Ash