Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petrol Warning Light Fault

Neyul

Hello,

I'm new to this forum (first post) but I'm hoping somebody can help.

My petrol light came on last night whilst driving my 2005 Ford Focus Ghia (new shape) home last night. I stopped at the petrol station and put £10 of petrol in, paid, and got back in the car. When I started the ignition the petrol gauge recognised that I had put petrol in the car (just under a quarter of a tank) but the petrol warning light stayed on and the trip computer advised that I still only had 42 miles left in the tank. I took the key out of the ignition then restarted the engine several time before leaving the petrol station and the same 'odd' readout appeared each time. The same happened again when I used the car this morning - now reading 38 miles left in the tank even though there is just under a quarter tank of fuel.

Can anybody help with what's happened, is this an electrical fault? Have I missed something? I have parked on a flat road to see if it was the petrol swishing about in the tank - no change Could something have frozen as its 0 degrees at the moment? Is is a fuse? Does the ECU need resetting? I'm out of suggestions....other than putting more petrol in to see if that makes a difference.

If nobody can answer then I'm taking it to a Ford dealer, but I'd appreciate any help first.

Thanks in advance