Do Not Sell My Personal Information

09 Mondeo Sat Nav Question

Flattgee

Hi all.

I will be collecting my 09 Mondeo next week and it has the touch screen Sat Nav fitted. I just have a few questions that i hope someone can answer. Firstly i think the version Sat Nav i have is the CG3537 Touchscreen Sat Nav (please see attach photo taken from another car i found online), can anyone tell me who makes this unit (sony, blaupunkt?) the reason i ask is that i have read that if its a blaupunkt unit they will give you one free update.

Secondly the car was listed with no disc for the Nav unit but on the test drive the display was showing a map of the current location, i would have though this wouldn't work without the data disc?.Does this unit use a disc or is it solid state and how do you update the maps op system (Card or disc), i know the updates are a rip off from Ford but there are other ways to obtain updates ;) .

I understand that the Sat Nav unit isn't the best in the world and it will never beat a tomtom but it comes with the car and it better than nothing, has anyone got any tips for it use and any general views on it.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

post-18309-000411000 1290844286_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I have done some digging and i think this is the Blaupunkt TravelPilot NX headunit ( correct me if i'm wrong please) and i have found the video shown below on how to remove the DVD.

New Discs can be bought from here http://navigation.teleatlas.com/en/shop/car-navigation/pre-installed/ford/mondeo/2009 cheaper than Ford dealership. Around £200

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

i have the same unit in mine, the last owner probably didnt know that the disk is in the radio unit.

Looking at that site for the maps website its about 100pounds for a 2015 dvd.

On the ford website it says that map updates are now 75pounds or 80pounds (cant remember which). Though I have heard of members ringing up ford dealers only to be told oh no its not 80pounds its 250pounds.. And the dealer wouldnt believe what the website says.

Either way though I think even 70quid is extortionate for a map dvd each year.

I would love to actually use the built in satnav in my mondeo but the dvd is from 2009 so roads will have changed a lot since then and I really cant justify spending 70+quid on a single map when I have a tomtom with free lifetime map updates so I get 4 maps free each year.

• Like 1

Consider buying a more up-to-date but slightly older map update? For example, you can get 2013 maps for just over £50 at http://www.navmapstore.com/category/391/Ford_Mondeo_TravelPilot_NX_DVD

I have a Tom Tom sat nav but I don't have free lifetime updates so they want £70 for a map update. Now I have retrofitted the NX into my 09 Mondeo, it has the 2012 maps and I'll keep it like that for now as I believe the map updates after 2012 lose the TMC functionality.

• Like 1

whats the TMC?

don't think i'd trust the 2013 map either to be fair, roads change all the time, i know some roads near me that wasn't there in 2013 so there is bound to be some changes elsewhere in the country since then

what tomtom do you have?

Traffic information displayed on your routes. It seems they stopped including it in the later maps.

Why would they go and do a thing like that

Probably due to cost. I have the Tom Tom Classic XXL to answer your earlier question. The battery hardly lasts anytime now and it's out of date.

Think I'll stick with my Samsung Galaxy and Google maps up to date and I get traffic info and alternative routes

• Like 1

TMC has been removed by Ford due to cost, have a complaint into Ford concerning this.... So if you want to keep TMC don't upgrade your maps or firmware...

love this post, original poster, Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:08 AM

2015 people have posted good replies, lol

• Like 1

I have the same unit on my 59 plate I know roads have changed but it's still gets me where I need to go fast

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Is it not possible to copy a SD Card onto another and use the copied one? I bought my 2012 last Tuesday and it came with a brand new disc, All I had to do was insert it, wait until the software downloaded and away I went, Its not too bad either, warns of roadworks, too. If that's what you mean by traffic updates, Mine which was a brand new SD Card, warns of traffic jams, congestions, road works and offers a quicker or more eco route,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club