Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Had An Accident With A Deer

MarkyR

I'll take some pics tomorrow of the damage but on the way home from !Removed! Tesco shopping I had a lovely incident with a deer. Of course it got up and ran off, unfortunately my car now has damage on the front passenger side.

As far as I can tell:

Smashed, split spoiler, fog light totally loose, headlight can be pulled out by hand and is totally smashed, front black grill bent around, I think the bonnet may be a tiny bit out of alignment now as the gaps next to the windscreen are not even but it's hard to say for sure. Looks like some damage to the black plastic whatever it is behind that corner of the spoiler.

So I called the claim line, they took the details and now of course I have to call the people who actually insure it which are only available on week days office hours!! JUST GREAT. At least none of the airbags went off... Rather annoyed because this is going to cost me entirely...... Not a good time of year :( :( :( :( :( :angry:

The first time I hit a deer after living in Dorset for 16 years and it has to be in my !Removed! new car!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MarkyR

• Parkesie

• fordpartsman

• InstructorPiggy

thats real bad luck i hit a badger a few years back in my st170 focus did £750 pounds worth of damage all the best with yours

Id be tempted to source headlight and bumper etc from breakers/ebay and just fix it myself avoid the hassle expense and next years extortion with insurance

No, it's a mark 7 so it will cost me either way and I don't know what underlying damage it has done I can't see plus I have no skills what so ever in repairing accident damage.

Cheers guy's, I'm glad I'm totally fine and my mum is too as she was in the car as well. None of the air bags went off. Not looking forward to 3 weeks or whatever with no car. Has to happen at this time of year doesn't it.

Sorry to hear about the accident. I'd guess the deer ran away to die - not sure whether that's any consolation... probably not.

Sorry to hear about the accident. I'd guess the deer ran away to die - not sure whether that's any consolation... probably not.

you would have to be pretty sick to be consoled by that :blink:

Hit a deer couple of years back in my mk6, £800 repair.

sorry to hear of the accident mate

Found a small dent on the bonnet and some small markings. Also worried because the back wiper is stuck half up and the boot needs a push to open it, the gas cylinders will nearly lift it all the way but not quit had no problems at all with this 30 mins or so before the accident because it opened fine to put the shopping in. So I'm hoping it's cosmetics and the bonnet but I don't know now! Anyway here's the pics:

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

Oh deer. :P

Hope it gets better soon

Oh deer. :P

Hope it gets better soon

Haha, thanks mate. I reackon it'll be 3 weeks?? Getting cars fixed under insurance isn't the fastest thing in the world and I can't call the insurance company tomorrow as I'm out early, the insurance office shuts at 7 so I may be back but may not. But I'll get a hire car for 2 weeks or more. And hopefully they will let me take it to my dealer to get fixed as they have an accident repair place.

Ouch, looks grim mate :(

Yeah, I am feeling a bit down because my first brand new car is crashed after only 14 months by mother nature.... I called my insurance and was offered to have Nationwide repair fix it, but as the agent had NO idea how the 2 years left of my warranty would be affected I think I'll get my dealers to fix it!!!! They'll probably do a better job anyway?? I hope?

where is all the deer blood. :rolleyes: ;)

haha, sick but funny. I spoke to my dealers today and the car will be getting picked up tomorrow. Luckily I can use another car from the family fleet haha, for the time it takes. The insurance wouldn't pay for a hire car unless I went to there repairers which I think isn't fair seeing as you have to pay for it, I won't be taking the option again if I stay with M&S.

haha, sick but funny. I spoke to my dealers today and the car will be getting picked up tomorrow. Luckily I can use another car from the family fleet haha, for the time it takes. The insurance wouldn't pay for a hire car unless I went to there repairers which I think isn't fair seeing as you have to pay for it, I won't be taking the option again if I stay with M&S.

This is not just insurance... :P

I'm actually a bit concerned. I just went and checked the boot lid again and you have to lift it over 3 quarters of the way by hand for it to open and it shuts very easily with little resistance. It was fine about 30 mins before the accident because I put the shopping in the boot!! The car did it's job and sent the energy around the car but I'm getting worried it's caused structural damage in the process!!! I think the gas strut on the impact side is possibly at more of an angle then the other side.

If God forbid it's written off.. I shall have to do some major deal haggling with my dealer and I can get the rear view camera! :D

I've just spent 2 weeks at my dads house in Milton Abbas, Dorset looking after his country 'mansion' and 3 dogs whilst he sunbathed at his apartment in Tenerife! Took the dogs for a walk every day at 3.00 pm and I can verify that there are deer galore around that way. Popped into Wareham for the day (to an auction) and saw a dead deer in the road as you approached the town. His house is 7 miles from Blandford and on the 3rd day there I needed bread & milk so went to Blandford & ran over a pheasant that decided to run out under my wheels! Wildlife everywhere.

I am actually moving to Dorset with the girlfriend next year & have already made a mental note of the abundance of wildlife to look out for!

sorry to hear.

I had this happen to me in june this year , at night driving home from work ,luckily there was no cars coming the other way as i would have had a head on with the force of the collision pushing my car onto the other side.

I had the same sort of damage ,dent in the bonnet , front bumper all cracked and side wing bent up.

Got to say though my claim flew threw with admiral insurance , rang them up they arranged everything at my local ford garage , got a hire car from them while they fixed my car , took about 3 weeks.

How fast was you going?

That damage is very identical to what mine was , but i had a huge dent in the bonnet but no cracked light. just lose.

Fords replaced the bonnet,wing and the hole front end.

Had to pay £600 insurance excess though!

I'm not sure what speed I was doing. I was overtaking a slow moving oil tanker, he was doing 35/ 40 in a 60 limit not far from my home I know very well. There is a nice long straight up a hill and nothing was coming so I started to overtake, unfortunately for me that's when the deer decided to do it's bambi impression!! And it didn't like the lorry that I think clipped it so it decided to take my car on instead..... I had no where to go and was too busy trying to think in the seconds I had where the hell bambi was going whilst braking.

Oh well, the car was picked up this morning so I'll know soon enough the outcome of it. I am PRAYING that the structure and chassis are not affected at all but I think it's wishful thinking with the boot lid being as it is?

And I see roadkill every day on my commute to work, usually badgers but you get fox's too. Still cannot believe the fist time I hit a deer it's in my !Removed! fezza :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club