Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Steaming Up Badly

helsbels81

Hi Guys

Every time I use my car lately (over the last month or two) my car windscreen has been steaming up very badly. From arriving at work at 9am to going home at 5.30, the windscreen is so steamed up, it takes ages to clear and it is so wet that wiping it makes it worse. Now in the cold weather, it is freezing inside and today the inside of the windscreen plus the rear window were frozen then as it melted with the heated screens, it was running down the windows

This time last year I discovered my carpet in the drivers side (front and rear) were soaking wet. I had this checked and it was a missing seal on the A-frame. This was fixed in January. Since then, the rubber door seal on my drivers door has not been stuck properly where it bends round, and I am wondering if this is causing cold air in the then make it mist up?

I have checked all my carpets, and they are all dry. I have checked in the boot and that is dry. No sign of wetness anywhere!

When I had my leak last time, Ford said if it wasn't a fault causing the leak in my car, it would be something stupid like £50 just for them to check it plus the cost to fix it if they found anything. My car was 3 weeks over the first 12 months of it's warranty - but in the end, it was paid for by Ford as it was a manufacturing fault. I am worried if I take it to them again (they are not the nicest or friendliest staff there, and yes I have complained!) that it will cost me for them to look and say everything is fine. It seems that nothing ever seems to be covered after the 1st 12 months of warranty (what is the point of a 3 year one!) so I can guarantee I would have to pay for them just to look.

To me, it isn't right that a car that is 26 months old is that steamed up and frozen on the inside! My mum has a ford c-max of the same age (58 plate) and hers inside is perfectly clear on the windows!

Please, can someone give me advice. Thank you!

Have you got the Aircon on and in Auto, if not then do so as this could prevent the steaming of the windows and it does the aircon more good than harm to leave it on all the time.

Wheres the pollen filter?

My Focus ST was misting up badly, In the end I pulled out the filter and it was fixed!!

I have tried driving with the air con on. Windows open. It clears when I am using the car although it takes ages for the moisture to dry off the inside of the windscreen.

It is when I am not in the car that it is steaming up - mainly the windscreen. Saying that, the past 2 days, it has been completely clear inside!

Good question, where is the pollen filter! I wouldn't have a clue where to find it - yes, I'm a girl! haha. Could it be something like that to cause the problem?

Plus, any ideas what will stick the rubber seal to my door? I tried extra strong double sided sticky tape but it only held in place for a couple of days - thought this may be a cause but don't know!

Thanks!

You need a contact glue to stick the rubber on (evostick)

Colin.

I have tried driving with the air con on. Windows open. It clears when I am using the car although it takes ages for the moisture to dry off the inside of the windscreen.

It is when I am not in the car that it is steaming up - mainly the windscreen. Saying that, the past 2 days, it has been completely clear inside!

Good question, where is the pollen filter! I wouldn't have a clue where to find it - yes, I'm a girl! haha. Could it be something like that to cause the problem?

Plus, any ideas what will stick the rubber seal to my door? I tried extra strong double sided sticky tape but it only held in place for a couple of days - thought this may be a cause but don't know!

Thanks!

Take it to the dealers to get them to stick the seal back on, it's still in warranty. As far as I'm aware, the seals are probably not covered under the 3 year warranty, but as it's the fixing to the door opening that is the problem and not the seal itself, any good dealer should sort it for you.

Anyone know where the pollen filter is? I want mine out, pointless thing! Creates more problems than necessary!

Have been told by Ford it could possibly be the seal causing the problem.... and it will be £50 plus VAT for the privilege of them to investigate plus the cost of fixing as it is 2 years old!!! How kind of them!

I have emailed Ford Customer Relations with my customer number from the problem I had this time last year so maybe they will be more helpful and say I can have it done for free! Haha, hmmm, don't hold out much luck!

I really don't see why cars come with a 3 year warranty as nothing is ever covered past the first 12 months. I have had so many problems with this car, I am beginning to hate Ford which is a shame as I love my car minus the problems! Grrrrr!

there is a tsb for that if i am correct , the door seal start falling of so the have to be sealed !! i will look into it for you,

• 12 years later...

Make sure the plenum chamber (under the grille in front of the windscreen) is not full of water. Leaves and rubbish block the drainage flaps at each end. Easy to clean.

• Haha 3

You win December's prize for resurrecting the oldest post. 

@helsbels81 has only had to wait 12 years for the answer 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

It takes me ages to clear the windscreen, whereas other cars don't seem to take long. Quite embarrassing. 

I did recently read to keep the sun visor down as it keeps the heat going to the window so will try it next time.

34 minutes ago, orangecurry said:

Check your boot isn't wet.

How do you know they're not wearing trainers 🤔

3 minutes ago, Wino said:

How do you know they're not wearing trainers 🤔

Might be basketball shoes, they're like both trainers and boots. 😉

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club