Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2003 fiesta tdci

scotchtommy

hi everyone hope someone can help,

my fiesta temperature gauge is now stuck permanently on red light, and the actual gauge is constantly flashing, i know its not overheating so think its the sensor needs replacing, although im not even sure how you would go about that or if it can just be disconnected, hope someone can advise me as to what i can do now, already been ripped off by main dealer so dont want to go there unless i really have to.

thanks

tommy

Hello and welcome to the club

I wouldnt disconnect it your best getting it fixed as if your car does start to over heat for some reason you wont know. Any garage should be able to sort the sensor out for you so you can avoid the main dealer

check to see that the wire around the sensor is not earthing anyware causing the gauge to rise, replaceing the sensor is a quick job for any decent garage and the sensors are not expensive.

check to see that the wire around the sensor is not earthing anyware causing the gauge to rise, replaceing the sensor is a quick job for any decent garage and the sensors are not expensive.

thanks for the replies i went to see a little garage and he said to buy a temperature switch from the dealer and that should sort it, does that sound right?? i never even noticed that the fan was staying on, i almost had to cancell a driving test on monday when it first started staying on because the examiners wont take the car out on test if there is any warning lights on,

thanks

tommy

thanks for the replies i went to see a little garage and he said to buy a temperature switch from the dealer and that should sort it, does that sound right?? i never even noticed that the fan was staying on, i almost had to cancell a driving test on monday when it first started staying on because the examiners wont take the car out on test if there is any warning lights on,

thanks

tommy

I had a similiar problem but mine was intermittent. I cleaned the contacts on the temperature sensor and the connecting cable. That fixed the problem! If you check the error code you will be getting E199. Do a search for E199 for my previous post.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club