Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Focus Fuses

ladybird

I've just bought the car (Mk1 2001 Focus Ghia 1.6 Auto) and found the washer pump isn't working - no noise can be heard when trying, wipers move OK. So, of course first check would be the fuse...

I've looked through the fuse list in the manual and unless I can't see for looking, there doesn't appear to be a fuse for the washer pump specifically. Is it combined with something else?

Thanks

Hi Ladybird

F53 - 10 amp windscreen washer jet heater

F55 - 20 amp windscreen wiper motor relay & feed to windscreen motor

tom

Thanks - F55 listed in my book as purely 'Front wiper' so I didn't expect that to be the problem really as they still move.

I'll have a look at F53 but suspect it's the pump at fault (was just hoping for a cheaper and easier fix!)

Cheers guys.

Thanks - F55 listed in my book as purely 'Front wiper' so I didn't expect that to be the problem really as they still move.

I'll have a look at F53 but suspect it's the pump at fault (was just hoping for a cheaper and easier fix!)

Cheers guys.

the motors likely fine but frozen if it worked the other day and not now with the ridiculous temperatures right now even my pump froze best tip open the filler cap and blow into the bottle do this 3 or 4 times and truy youll find it may well work in this weather you want pure undiluted screenwash in the bottle

• 2 months later...

Hi there

I got my focus 1.6 ghia auto in September, 2000 plates with only 70,000 miles. Its a cracking car but after a week the windscreen washer failed. I removed the pipes from the bonnet lid and blew through to check for blockages. It wasn't blocked so i kept topping the windscreen tank with WATER ONLY to dilute the solution. It started to worked but not perfect.

I also notice your post was December, maybe the weather had an effect because mine sometimes wouldn't work and there was no noise. However end of January, milder weather I topped up with a good solution and tried the wipers. I got a strong powerful jet on front and rear windows. It works perfectly now.

motor can burn out if frozen...i used pure trade screenwash all winter...no problems

However I know others have bought halfrauds stuff...undiluted and still frozen in as little as -4 and it says it can handle -15

• 9 years later...

Hi - I have had the same as Ladybird and tried to locate all the fuses as mentioned above..... It was working fine when I topped up the washers. No noise since then. Where is the pump located as I feel itmay well be the pump thats U/S?

Any guidance would be very much welcomed.