Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Econo Check

iNath

Just thought I'd make a thread for everyone to share their results if/when they get an Econo Check done.

Received mine today, they reckon I can save 9% / £164 annually.

The report is 4 pages long and contains lots of different types of data it's really interesting for me to read through.

If anyone fancy a look let me know and I'll edit my details out and share it around :)

Here's a couple of snippets:

Your Gear Shifting Behaviour

Congratulations! You already shift gears like a professional and your driving is particularly fuel-efficient, with low revs.

Your personal rating for Gear Shifting was 76 %. This is great but could you still benefit from any of the following tips?

a Your gear shifting is already excellent. But can you skip gears even more than you are already doing?

a Always try to drive in the highest gear possible, provided the traffic situation allows it.

a You are already doing a fantastic job of using your higher gears, well done!

Your Speed

Congratulations! You already know how important speed is in determining overall fuel efficiency and you did a great job.

Your trips would have taken

08 min. 57 sec.

longer if you would have limited your speed to 65 mph.

Your personal rating for High Speed was 88 %. This is excellent, keep it up!

a You managed to keep your speed below 65 mph for a large proportion of your driving time. Well done, this helped reduce your fuel bill.

a As you may have found, the time gained from driving at high speed is often negligible.

Looks good mate. I think having a diesel makes for early gear changes, as you have more torque than the perol engines. How light/heavy are you on the throttle?

I had mine done, ill dig it out, Do you know how you claim the free BP Fuel? There is a code on one of the sheets but I went into a BP Garage and they were like wtf :blink:

Looks good mate. I think having a diesel makes for early gear changes, as you have more torque than the perol engines. How light/heavy are you on the throttle?

Sometimes I accelerate as quick as possible, although not going above 2,500 revs. Once at cruising speed I keep my foot off the pedal as much as possible and only press lightly to maintain speed.

I had mine done, ill dig it out, Do you know how you claim the free BP Fuel? There is a code on one of the sheets but I went into a BP Garage and they were like wtf :blink:

Your should have been given a form when you had the check done (bright green, about A5 size)

You buy the fuel (pay full price), and send the form with your code + the VAT receipt [very important you ask them for VAT receipt] to the address and receive a cheque back.

Your should have been given a form when you had the check done (bright green, about A5 size)

You buy the fuel (pay full price), and send the form with your code + the VAT receipt [very important you ask them for VAT receipt] to the address and receive a cheque back.

I'll be asking for this form when I go to pick my car up from a service in a few hours, thanks :)

This Econ check sounds a bit like the 'how to look 10 years younger' tv shows. Stop smoking, eat healthly food, cut out the boozy late nights and excercise a bit more. Stating the bleeding obvious.

To improve your economy; stop setting off like a 17 year old with his 1st car, cruise in as high gear as possible, try and do 70mph tops not 90 etc.

This Econ check sounds a bit like the 'how to look 10 years younger' tv shows. Stop smoking, eat healthly food, cut out the boozy late nights and excercise a bit more. Stating the bleeding obvious.

To improve your economy; stop setting off like a 17 year old with his 1st car, cruise in as high gear as possible, try and do 70mph tops not 90 etc.

Not all 17 year olds drive like numptys.... :angry:

Not all 17 year olds drive like numptys.... :angry:

+1

• 2 months later...

I see the Econocheck has been reduced to just £11.99! Trust them to reduce it by 60% after I get one! (Note: no longer get £15 off fuel voucher and £15 off next service is now £10 - so only really pay £1.99)

Had my econocheck done for free because I have a problem with fuel consumption. I think they must have copied and pasted yours to me LOL.

Ive not heard of this econocheck, can someone explain what it is and where to get it?

cheers

Had my econocheck done for free because I have a problem with fuel consumption. I think they must have copied and pasted yours to me LOL.

They sent mine to the wrong email address the 1st time! Spelt my name nathen instead of nathan! Took 4 weeks before I chased them but then got it within minutes (turns out they sent to to wrong email 2 days after receiving the device - quick turn around!) Think back then they reckon I could improve by 9% - driving more economically now so should try another.

Ive not heard of this econocheck, can someone explain what it is and where to get it?

cheers

Click here to read about it and here to book.

my results would make for interesting reading me thinks

I'll buy you some cookie dough if you do and send me the results ;)

There checks are getting built into cars as standard. The new Mondeo smax and galaxy have Ecomode to check your driving in your settings and the new Focus will have it too. They will eventually role it out among the Ford family

Having followed its advice has anyone seen an improvement?

cheers

If you go to your main dealer they will put a data recorder on your car for a week or so and it records your every move. I had mine done free, I think they're trying to fob me off over poor fuel consumtion complaints. You get a report from them after the data is analised which picks up on all your driving habits, gear changing, braking, speed etc. It then suggests how to improve. May be of use if you think that your driving tecnique is impacting your MPG.

Good Luck

got to ford.co.uk and you can book it there through your dealer at a time on a date you specify!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club