Do Not Sell My Personal Information

07 Fiesta 1.25 Duratec Stiff Gearchange

Blockhead

Hi everyone. I've just joined the 'club' so forgive me if I'm not following the rules exactly or if this problem has already been discussed.

I have an 07 Fiesta 1.25 Duratec with 47,000 miles on clock. For the last 2-3000 miles I have found that gearchange has got progressively more and more stiff as the engine warms up. Once the engine has cooled, the change returns to the usual lightness. I have spoken to my local dealer and he tells me that Ford do not have a TBS on this issue, although a dealer in Wales (when we were on holiday and the problem first surfaced) said it was an issue and it was a simple fix - he didn't let on as to what the fix was !.

If anyone can throw light on this I would be grateful.

Blockhead

I had exactly the same with my 57 plate MK6.5 1.6 Zetec Tdci.

There is a bush that tightens up when it gets hot and makes the gear shift stiff when going backwards and forwards, but not side to side, it use to happen after about 12 miles, then was fine at the end of the day before my journey home, until i had done 12 miles and hey presto back to stiff changes. The good news is that it is a part that is easy to replace and not too costly. You can't buy just the bush, you have to buy a rod which is about £37 ish and the Ford dealer took about an hour to fit it. I could have done it myself but didn't have a Haynes manual at the time so i let them do it. Total bill was about £60.

I hope this helps.

Juppy

Thats interesting, it appears to have happened when both cars just out of warranty, but that could just be my mind. :rolleyes:

Pleased its a simple job. But Blockheads garage sound like a bunch of grease monkeys to me

• 1 year later...

I have 58 plate Fiesta zetec, also just out of warranty and have this problem. I am also pleased to hear it is not a costly job. Glad I joined the site . Roll on pay day!

• 2 years later...

I have this issue on my mk6 2005. 55plate 1.35 zetec climate, could the solution be same

What's this part called? Or any part numbers ?

Yunii

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Ford OC mobile app

• 1 year later...

Saw this thread a few times when I was searching for an answer to my 57 plate fiesta style's issue, same thing 15-20 miles in and the gearchange gets really stiff. rang round a few garages armed with the info given here, told them i'd seen reports of the problem numerous times but everyone I spoke to said " it sounds like the gearbox love" well after finding someone who'd listen, I took it in, they didn't even bother getting the engine warm beforehand, well today I took it to my lovely indepenant mechanic armed with this....

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/car/8a30b-question-about-gearchange-mechanisum-ford-fiesta-1-25.html

30 minutes and £10 later it's now working normally, a 38 mile run done straight after where it was stiffening at between 15-20 miles and the change stayed loose,

don't pay out on a new gearbox before getting someone to try this first!!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club