Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Pump Question

weedavey1888

hello chaps

my little fusion has developed a coolant problem.the thing is ive never owned a ford so not too familiar with the engine. but basicaly it developed a leak and i think its coming from the pump. the pump squeals but i'm not sure of the exact location . looking from the timing belt side of the engine .is it the lower lefthand pooley that is driven by the v shaped fan belt. and if so. to change the pump do you need to remove the TIMING BELT. or just the V SHAPED FAN BELT. any help would be much appreciated. thank you in advance

hello chaps

my little fusion has developed a coolant problem.the thing is ive never owned a ford so not too familiar with the engine. but basicaly it developed a leak and i think its coming from the pump. the pump squeals but i'm not sure of the exact location . looking from the timing belt side of the engine .is it the lower lefthand pooley that is driven by the v shaped fan belt. and if so. to change the pump do you need to remove the TIMING BELT. or just the V SHAPED FAN BELT. any help would be much appreciated. thank you in advance

the lower left hand pulley, is that the water pump?? not too familiar with your engine but the water pump should be driven from the serpentine belt that does the power steering and alternator. this means the pump can be changed and the timing is unaffected. on my 1.6 the water pump pulley is smooth - the smooth edge of the belt drives it.

• 4 weeks later...

What age is your Fusion? From 56ish onwards you'll need to remove the timing belt to do the water pump, but the earlier ones you do not need to, both require removal of the alternator though. If you haven't got to do the timing belt it's a nice little job and should only take a couple of hours.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club