Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Anyone Know How To Fix 9359 Code?

gwengo

Hi,

I have an 02 mk1 ford focus 1.8 tdci.

I've been experiencing very poor starting in this recent cold snap. I would turn the ignition key, wait for the glow plug light to go out, try to turn the engine over and it won't start until after a few tries. Eventually it will start, but it is getting worse and worse. Doing this is gradually draining the battery. Once the engine is running though it works fine, I can turn it off and start it again no problem. It's just the initial morning start up.

I ran the dash diog test and it came up with dtc 9359 (9359 B1359, Ignition Run / ACC circuit failure). Does anyone know what I will need to do to fix this, as I think it may be the cause of the poor starting.

cheers

Paul

Hi,

I have an 02 mk1 ford focus 1.8 tdci.

I've been experiencing very poor starting in this recent cold snap. I would turn the ignition key, wait for the glow plug light to go out, try to turn the engine over and it won't start until after a few tries. Eventually it will start, but it is getting worse and worse. Doing this is gradually draining the battery. Once the engine is running though it works fine, I can turn it off and start it again no problem. It's just the initial morning start up.

I ran the dash diog test and it came up with dtc 9359 (9359 B1359, Ignition Run / ACC circuit failure). Does anyone know what I will need to do to fix this, as I think it may be the cause of the poor starting.

cheers

Paul

im sure its a fault in the glow plug preheating circuit the glow plugs are not getting hot enough unfortunaterly it can be many things and needs a trip to ford it may need new plugs fitted it could be a fault in the wiring to the plugs meaning they are not heating up enough

im sure its a fault in the glow plug preheating circuit the glow plugs are not getting hot enough unfortunaterly it can be many things and needs a trip to ford it may need new plugs fitted it could be a fault in the wiring to the plugs meaning they are not heating up enough

cheers artscot, I took the battery out yesterday and had it on charge overnight. Chucked it back in this morning and the starting issue was a lot better and the dtc has gone. So it was probably just the battery loosing it's charge due to all the auxillary usage (front screen heater, air blower, rear screen heater, lights) in the cold weather.

cheers artscot, I took the battery out yesterday and had it on charge overnight. Chucked it back in this morning and the starting issue was a lot better and the dtc has gone. So it was probably just the battery loosing it's charge due to all the auxillary usage (front screen heater, air blower, rear screen heater, lights) in the cold weather.

battery code is 9318 and if low should also be present it is possible there was not enough to get the glow plugs warm but yiou would have 2 dtcs and not the one

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club