Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec Aircon - Always On When Start-Up

bencookman

I'm hoping that somebody can help with a query I have regarding the aircon on my Fiesta Zetec (2010 model year, 1.25 petrol).

This is the standard-issue manual aircon, not the auto climate control.

The air conditioning button is always illuminated every time the car is switched on and the fan appears to be working pretty hard from the off, if listened to from outside the car. I'm sure this cannot be doing the mpg any favours...

Is this normal, or a fault? Ideally I'd like a way to decide myself whether to have the aircon turned on each time I use the car, rather than having to turn it off manually. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

I'm hoping that somebody can help with a query I have regarding the aircon on my Fiesta Zetec (2010 model year, 1.25 petrol).

This is the standard-issue manual aircon, not the auto climate control.

The air conditioning button is always illuminated every time the car is switched on and the fan appears to be working pretty hard from the off, if listened to from outside the car. I'm sure this cannot be doing the mpg any favours...

Is this normal, or a fault? Ideally I'd like a way to decide myself whether to have the aircon turned on each time I use the car, rather than having to turn it off manually. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Check where you have the vent control set. The air-con always comes on when the air flow is turned to full windscreen. This is a 'feature' of the car (designed like this to help demist the screen presumably).

• Like 1

Check where you have the vent control set. The air-con always comes on when the air flow is turned to full windscreen. This is a 'feature' of the car (designed like this to help demist the screen presumably).

+1

Slightly different design here but if dial is all the way to the right (3 o'clock) the AC will always come on.

ag_11fiesta_hvac.JPG

Thanks guys - that makes sense and has addressed my query. As you say, a 'feature' but perhaps not a particularly sensible one.

How many mpg do you think you'll save by turning it off. Leaving it off for long periods will do more harm than good.

@iNath,

What car is that photo from, not seen one like that before (and what's the button to the left of the heated right seat)?

Also on a side note, how come dials can never be set to a combination of face and windscreen anymore? My old 2001 Fiesta had a knob that turned 360 degrees whereas no newer Fords that I've seen do... (even my dads 2003 Focus)

• 9 years later...

I have a problem with the aircon buttons, some of them don't work and don't light up. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Is it a fuse that is gone or is the unit damaged?

69ed3369120590d7f9e060f643178082.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club