Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo Whistle With Rev Counter Jumping Up

mross

Hi everyone

I have had a whistle on my car now for months, i have taken it to ford and they told me its the turbo and is normal. It happens only when u give it some welly and at about 2000rpm in any gear, but recently i have noticed at the exact same time as this happens the rev counter jumps rapidly from 2000rpm to 2400rpm then back to normal again as the car continues to pull, the car seems to have a slight dip in performance whilst this is happening. I have checked all pipes from the turbo to inter-cooler etc.. and seem ok, but its really quite hard to spot anything whilst someone's revving the engine and im looking. Does anyone know of maybe a common weak spot on these engines or any other ideas on what it could be. Thanks Guys.

ps: focus 2.0 tdci

Hi everyone

I have had a whistle on my car now for months, i have taken it to ford and they told me its the turbo and is normal. It happens only when u give it some welly and at about 2000rpm in any gear, but recently i have noticed at the exact same time as this happens the rev counter jumps rapidly from 2000rpm to 2400rpm then back to normal again as the car continues to pull, the car seems to have a slight dip in performance whilst this is happening. I have checked all pipes from the turbo to inter-cooler etc.. and seem ok, but its really quite hard to spot anything whilst someone's revving the engine and im looking. Does anyone know of maybe a common weak spot on these engines or any other ideas on what it could be. Thanks Guys.

ps: focus 2.0 tdci

turbo whistle while giving it welly is normal youre rev counter is showing turbo lag common to most turbo cars nowt to worry about its just the way they are

Thanks for the reply artscot79, thank f##k for that, ford near enough told me the same but for some reason i just didnt believe them eeeeerr i wonder why lol,

Thanks Again.

my focus titanium 1.8 does this "whistle" at exactly the same revs as you mention. the whistle is more noticable when the car is cold. it has always done this and ford say its totally normal, would not worry :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club