Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Got A 07 Zetec 1.8 Petrol... Few Niggles..

monkeyboy4

Hi All,

Picked up the 07 reg Zetec 1.8 petrol yesterday, its great but have a few questions...

1 - Does it have heated mirrors? The manual says when you turn on the rear window heater switch the heated mirrors kick in, i clicked the rear window heater button gave it a few seconds but the mirrors didnt feel warm to the touch? Is there any other way to find out 'if' they are heated? (sorry if that is a really dull question!!)

2- After having smashed my head on the boot while checking the spare tyre it seems the 'gas hinges' are either seized or knackered? The boot only opens about halfway (you have to give it a good shove to open fully) is it just a case of spraying a load of lubricant on the hinges or is it a known issue?

3 - I have the standard 6000cd head unit, i wa sudner the impressio9n with the zetec you also get an AUX port, i cant seem to find one?

That all really,

Cheers for any help

:rolleyes:

1) As far as I am aware, heated mirrors are only included on the Ghia trim models I think and as have said yours is a Zetec. Also the Ford manual you have covers all of the Focus models and they supply the same manual to all current Focus models - somewhere in the manual you should be able to see something along the lines of "Heated Front Mirrors (Ghia models only)"

2) It could be likely that your gas struts on the boot may need replacing, my 02 Focus does the same as well where if you only open it halfway, it stays there and you have to raise your hand all the way to the top to take it up there.

3) I can't answer that one for you unfortunately as I am not familiar with the MK2 stereos but I'm sure someone else will step in.

Liam

1) As far as I am aware, heated mirrors are only included on the Ghia trim models I think and as have said yours is a Zetec. Also the Ford manual you have covers all of the Focus models and they supply the same manual to all current Focus models - somewhere in the manual you should be able to see something along the lines of "Heated Front Mirrors (Ghia models only)"

2) It could be likely that your gas struts on the boot may need replacing, my 02 Focus does the same as well where if you only open it halfway, it stays there and you have to raise your hand all the way to the top to take it up there.

3) I can't answer that one for you unfortunately as I am not familiar with the MK2 stereos but I'm sure someone else will step in.

Liam

aux input would be inb the glovebox on the right hand side if you have it and the struts dont open all the way they should open the boot half way then you have to push it it aint america lol new struts make little difference done it for a friend before simply a case of weight the boots quite heavy and the struts arent exactly the biggest heated mirrors are ghai models only

Hi All,

Picked up the 07 reg Zetec 1.8 petrol yesterday, its great but have a few questions...

1 - Does it have heated mirrors? The manual says when you turn on the rear window heater switch the heated mirrors kick in, i clicked the rear window heater button gave it a few seconds but the mirrors didnt feel warm to the touch? Is there any other way to find out 'if' they are heated? (sorry if that is a really dull question!!)

2- After having smashed my head on the boot while checking the spare tyre it seems the 'gas hinges' are either seized or knackered? The boot only opens about halfway (you have to give it a good shove to open fully) is it just a case of spraying a load of lubricant on the hinges or is it a known issue?

3 - I have the standard 6000cd head unit, i wa sudner the impressio9n with the zetec you also get an AUX port, i cant seem to find one?

That all really,

Cheers for any help

:rolleyes:

i have a 56reg 1.8L petrol zetec

I have got heated mirrors, i have not touched it to check the 'heat' but it works. If yours do no work check the fuse. my one was not working when i bought my car back in April. I only became aware of it when the winter days dawned on us and replaced the fuse.

I cannot really comment on the hydraulics of the boot. I do not think it is a known issue, I think this is the first time this id reported.

I do not have an AUX port at all (even in the glove box) despite having a button on the unit.

cheers all

very interesting what you say about the heated mirrors, i have been told various things, if you do have them there should be a little logo in the bottom left of the window? starfield can you confirm if you have this?

I checked the glovebox last night and there is a plastic disc with a hole in it where i assume the aux goes but sadly there is no aux socket.

ive ordered a lead from eBay which also comes with the keys to take your stereo out, you plug the lead in the back and then you can use an ipod. however i have been told in some cars the wire is connected to theback of the stereo but not actually visible in the car.

i thought the heated mirrors, came on when turning on the front heated windscreen, which is on the climate packs.

the aux socket is located on the top of glovebox, i initially thought it was the hole at the very back, but i do beleive this is for the air conditioning to keep items warm or cold in the glovebox...that is what i have been told.

not to sure on the hydralics, i know on mine i have to assist it to the top, cant do it on its own power at all, just closes again.

Thanks for the reply,

Its quite funny all the different views on certain aspects, we have the climate pack and the manual says the heated mirrors are activated when the REAR heated screen button is pressed, but I have heard the same as you aswell, its when you hit the front heated screen! I guess I can test it tomorrow as were due a load more snow!

I reckon you could be right on the aux in the glove box, I’ll get the torch in there again tonight when the wife is home!

With regards the boot, a bloke in work has an 09 and he says his boot only opens halfway and youhave to push it the rest, as already stated above.

Cheers all

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club