Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fusion 1.4 Duratec

drw31

Hi. Im new to forum as seems like the best place for info so hope someone can help.

A friends fusion started stalling at junctions a couple weeks ago ( she put it down to her driving) then the other day it stopped and wouldnt start again.

I had a look last night and everything seemed fine until i noticed there was no water in it. The oil seemed fine and not gunky as i suspect it has overheated and blew the head. It turns over ok and sometimes seems to almost start but wont.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be. And is there a workshop manual anywhere i can download.

Many thanks in advance

Derek

I'd suspect the coil pack, check you've got a decent spark.

Out of water completely ? with this cold weather she must have noticed the heater wasn't working and the temp gauge probably going to max. Hopefully seeing that it turns over ok it hasn't done any permanent damage internally.

Good luck and I hope its something minor.

Not coil pack. Checked all that. Yea not a drop of water, she never noticed the gauges. I still suspect head gasket but itll wait till after new year

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club