Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.8 Engine Cover Duratec He.

billda

Just bought 2nd-hand Zetec 1.8. Attemped to go under the plastic engine cover,lifts up approx 3" dont want to damage, cant see any way even to remove. Help!!

it just clips on..there are rubber inserts in the cover, just lift it of.

it just clips on..there are rubber inserts in the cover, just lift it of.

same engine as the mk1 with a cover and renamed duratec the covers just held on with rubber bungs and pulls off

same engine as the mk1 with a cover and renamed duratec the covers just held on with rubber bungs and pulls off

it just pulls off. it is being held by 3 or 4 rubber attachments.

I do not think it is the same engine as the mk1. The duratec engine is equally found on Mazda cars; exactly the same.

you can see pictures here : http://www.fordfocus...pic,8302.0.html

.................................... :D

its a revised version of the original unit but to look at is exactly the same exept the duratecs chain driven not belt and bigger ports visually they look almost the sdame i was thinking of the zetec se which is badged duratec The name of this engine will confuse everyone because it's an example of Ford's multi-name units. It's title is the Zetec SE but it's also been labelled, as part of the growing Duratec series of late, plus it's also called the Sigma in the US. However, it has nothing in common with any other Duratec or Zetec and no parts are interchangeable - confused yet? Told you!to make it more confusing the mk1 Zetecs were made to look like the latest Duratecs. Both the ST and RS engines were confusingly re-badged as a Duratec despite being reworked zetec e engines

its a revised version of the original unit but to look at is exactly the same exept the duratecs chain driven not belt and bigger ports visually they look almost the sdame i was thinking of the zetec se which is badged duratec The name of this engine will confuse everyone because it's an example of Ford's multi-name units. It's title is the Zetec SE but it's also been labelled, as part of the growing Duratec series of late, plus it's also called the Sigma in the US. However, it has nothing in common with any other Duratec or Zetec and no parts are interchangeable - confused yet? Told you!to make it more confusing the mk1 Zetecs were made to look like the latest Duratecs. Both the ST and RS engines were confusingly re-badged as a Duratec despite being reworked zetec e engines

Thanks for your quick response.Easy when you know how.My first Focus so will learn!! Was trying to send this as a multiple address reply to the other guys who responded but again could not find the way on this forum!! ??? Billda.