Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How's Your Car In Snow ?

jmurray01

Our 1997 Ford Fiesta 1.25i isn't great in snow, but does do quite well despite having only 2.5mm on the rear tyres and 2.3mm on the front.

OK, I'm not going to say she didn't skid or spin the wheels once, because she did! But I never had to dig her out!

What car do you drive and how does it handle on snow and ice ? B)

Is it a 4X4 wannabe or a 2WD flop ?

Got a 2003 1.6 focus and yes it skids like anything in this snow.I also carry a spade in the boot, just incase i have to bury a body ;)

Edited by focus frank
Starred out swear words are treated in the same way as writing the word itself - please use something else.

Hi,

Just Driven our new fiesta in real deep SNOW for the first time she was lovley!! handeled well not slip or a slide but that prob's due my careful driving dont want to dent her!!! :D

Driving in the snow is not good all together! :(

Edited by DanGull
It may seem fussy - but the rules here are simple, if you wouldn't hear it on TV/Radio before 9pm it's not allowed here.

Hi,

Just Driven our new fiesta in real deep SNOW for the first time she was lovley!! handeled well not slip or a slide but that prob's due my careful driving dont want to dent her!!! :D

Diesels are always great in snow! Low down torque and easier to drive in a low gear without stalling.

My '04 2.0 TDCi Mondeo is OK on the white stuff if driven steadily, despite having really cheap and nasty tyres (fitted to the car just before I bought it 3 months ago).

However, if you give it too much gas everything goes a little bit side-ways, great fun on a deserted car park but not on the A444 during rush hour.

I know any car will benefit from better tyres in the snow, but I cant bring myself to throw away brand new tyres, even if they are cheap and nasty ones.

Have a safe journey if ventruing out in the snow.

i had to drive the works transit van today!!! woooooo what fun in the snow that was!!! 3.0l high top long wheel base.. for some reason it wanted to go side ways!!! every were!! lol :D

Driving in the snow is not good all together! :(

I have to agree here. no matter how good or careful driver you are that snow can catch you off guard any time!

I was rolling at approx. 10mph...attempted to turn a corner...and the car just kept goin into a nice chunky curb! now I have problems. I have 18" alloys on my fiesta and now when I travel higher than 40mph it sounds like my wheel is rubbing that arches :-(. Moral of the story...NO CAR IS SAFE IN THE SNOW!!!!

Merry chistmas and new year :-)

Hi

I've recently bought a new Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 TDCi so this has been the first time I've tried it out in the snow and I'm impressed.

Okay so there were a few slips and slides but not as many as I would have expected. When the tail did slide out it was easy to correct and didn't cause a skid/spin. I also managed to get out of a few sticky situations (e.g. nearly getting stuck in 3-4" of snow on a roundabout), which I don't think I could have done in a bigger/heavier car.

Last but not least my Fiesta got up the cul-de-sac up to our house, and the neighbours "fake" 4x4 managed to get stuck :P .

Please though no more snow it makes the car filthy. ;)

Pretty rubbish! My 2010 1.6TDCI Titanium is better than my ex's 2008 1.4 Zetec but it is not good. I reckon the extra weight of the diesel engine helps a bit.

Before this car I was driving a 2003 BMW 325i Touring M Sport with 225s on the front and 255s on the rear. In the snow at the beginning of the year I was impressed at how well the car coped. I'd heard lots of horror stories about BMWs and Mercs but as far as I'm concerned, it's all unfounded.

Personally I'd rather have a heavy RWD car than a light FWD. Of course ideally I'd be in an Audi Quattro with winter tyres!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club