Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Engine Cover To 1.6Tdci

Lenny

What I'd like to know is why did my 1.6TDCi come without one? And the 2 others I lifted the bonnet on come to think of it..

Mine didn't have one neither,

And according to ford no 1.6TDCi engine on the 2008-2010 focus has one fitted because Ecat says its not an available part.

Eventhough it fits the mk2.5 perfectly and is available as standard on high spec mk2 focus models aswell as Cmax

Hey Lenny,

I have got a cover through now for my car and offered it up, it won't be a straight forward fit for the Fiesta (I didn't expect it to be if I'm honest), but I think I can make it work. (Going to need trimming slightly to clear surrounding parts. (As the engine bay is obviously more cramped in a Fiesta).

One question though, before I got the cover, I assumed the bolts went into those white plastic holes but can now see that Ford don't use them. Instead they seem to actually be integral to holding some bits of the engine in place. On my car, when I shine a torch through the mounting holes of the cover, I can see heads of bolts.

What is it like on your Focus? Do I assume that these special mounting bolts actually replace the standard bolts, hence why they cost more?

I don't want to start undoing bolts on the engine unnecessarily!

Cheers.

Hey Lenny,

I have got a cover through now for my car and offered it up, it won't be a straight forward fit for the Fiesta (I didn't expect it to be if I'm honest), but I think I can make it work. (Going to need trimming slightly to clear surrounding parts. (As the engine bay is obviously more cramped in a Fiesta).

One question though, before I got the cover, I assumed the bolts went into those white plastic holes but can now see that Ford don't use them. Instead they seem to actually be integral to holding some bits of the engine in place. On my car, when I shine a torch through the mounting holes of the cover, I can see heads of bolts.

What is it like on your Focus? Do I assume that these special mounting bolts actually replace the standard bolts, hence why they cost more?

I don't want to start undoing bolts on the engine unnecessarily!

Cheers.

Hi Alex,

I too have the white grommet caps around different spots at the top of the engine, but i dont think these get removed in order to fit the cover.

However i do believe two bolts do need to be removed and replaced with two of the double-ended bolts from ford.

But i think its two black headed bolts that get removed and not those with the white grommets over them.

I have recieved the parts ordered from fordpartsuk.com

As you can see in the image below, the bracket is huge lol but wont be required.

I reckon i just need the two bolts on the top right of the image and the two nuts on the bottom left. Perhaps the square spring washers too on the lower right of the image.

Image2430.jpg

Yeah thats what I meant. I had thought the white grommets got used, but instead it seems you have to remove two bolts holding parts of the engine together and replace them with the special stud/bolts which then provide a way of mounting the cover.

I have ordered some parts from the same place, how long did they take to come through?

Also let me know how you get on and I will do the same, although I am going to need to cut a few bits out of the cover to make it fit the Fiesta

Yeah thats what I meant. I had thought the white grommets got used, but instead it seems you have to remove two bolts holding parts of the engine together and replace them with the special stud/bolts which then provide a way of mounting the cover.

I have ordered some parts from the same place, how long did they take to come through?

Also let me know how you get on and I will do the same, although I am going to need to cut a few bits out of the cover to make it fit the Fiesta

I placed the order on the 3rd November and arrived via post this morning 08th shipping from uk-ireland takes 3 days so your looking at 5 days leed time.

Unfortunitly im now in the situation where ive got the fitting kit but no engine cover lol

I phoned body shop this morning and it will be the 17th at the earliest when my parts are ready for collection but ill keep you and the thread updated on the progress.

quick update:

Engine cover and parts returned from body shop, going to be busy when i get some free time in dry day light.

Image2469.jpg

Image2470.jpg

Image2479.jpg

Image2477.jpg

Image2468.jpg

Image2467.jpg

Image2473.jpg

Image2472.jpg

Image2471.jpg

Image2474.jpg

Image2480.jpg

looking good Lenny. Word of warning - do not get too close with a pressure washer as it can lift off the paint so be wary if your using one or go to a carwash that use them! other than that, get a move on and fit the bits!

I ran out of daylight to take some pics, but I got the cover fitted to my Fiesta (after some adapting), definetly makes it quieter and warm quicker.

I ended up using the following parts:

1347930 (left stud)

1449591 (right stud)

1364348 (washer)

The bracket that the rubber grommet/ball joint goes into was already fitted on my car (bizarely enough).

Looking forward to seeing your fitted :D

I ran out of daylight to take some pics, but I got the cover fitted to my Fiesta (after some adapting), definetly makes it quieter and warm quicker.

1347930 (left stud)

1449591 (right stud)

1364348 (washer)

The bracket that the rubber grommet/ball joint goes into was already fitted on my car (bizarely enough).

Thanks mate,

Please help a brother out and upload some pics in daylight so as i can picture it a bit better,

I was hoping for saturday but its missus birthday tomorrow and ive promised to take her shopping saturday so hopfully sunday ill get the black loom conduit changed to blue and fit some parts.

Oooh shiny

looking good Lenny. Word of warning - do not get too close with a pressure washer as it can lift off the paint so be wary if your using one or go to a carwash that use them! other than that, get a move on and fit the bits!

Thanks very much guys,

Ive to collect the front splitter on thursday or monday at the latest, very pleased and all for 200euro

Couldnt beat that price.

Full days work ahead though fitting black headlights and blue conduit prior to fitting panels, all coming togeather though,

And thanks for the heads up on the grills with power hose. I dont wash the car myself but ill make sure those who do, dont go too close, but how do i get all the bugs off 5he front end now?

Ow and it wouldnt be complete without the original warning Decal from ford on the slam panel.

1.74 lol

Image2436.jpg

they normally use traffic film remover which helps but get yourself a jet machine and some snowfoam which helps remove the crap better. cheaper in the long run too. ask tdcist, he spends 6 hours cleaning his car (when he gets time)

they normally use traffic film remover which helps but get yourself a jet machine and some snowfoam which helps remove the crap better. cheaper in the long run too. ask tdcist, he spends 6 hours cleaning his car (when he gets time)

Thanks mate,

Ill have a look out for a power washer in the january sales, along with a netbook instead of this 7" !Removed!

Doing my head in not having a proper keyboard to tap it out on. And local guys offer wash and chammie dry for 10euro so if i bought a washer for 90 then thats less than a years wash and i could clean the driveway too, unless they bring in the apposed water charges lol

Mine didn't have one neither,

And according to ford no 1.6TDCi engine on the 2008-2010 focus has one fitted because Ecat says its not an available part.

Eventhough it fits the mk2.5 perfectly and is available as standard on high spec mk2 focus models aswell as Cmax

1.6 TDCi on a 58 plate here, came with a cover.

The colour coding is looking very nice mate I have to say. Bargain price too.

Look forward to seeing it all fitted, especially the splitter when you get it back.

The colour coding is looking very nice mate I have to say. Bargain price too.

Look forward to seeing it all fitted, especially the splitter when you get it back.

Thanks mate,

Think ill start a new thread for the results, because it takes this one off topic a bit and first thing ive gotta do is swap all black cable conduit to blue to give some contrast to all the black and silver.

Image2456.jpg

1347930 (left stud)

1449591 (right stud)

1364348 (washer)

I think i may be missing a metal washer plug from my pre-owned engine cover

Ive just noticed when refitting the rubber plugs, one of them doesnt have the metal part.

Did yours have two or one?

Image2487.jpg

Image2485.jpg

Image2488.jpg

Image2486.jpg

Thanks mate,

Think ill start a new thread for the results, because it takes this one off topic a bit and first thing ive gotta do is swap all black cable conduit to blue to give some contrast to all the black and silver.

Image2456.jpg

I look forward to seeing the results of the blue conduit mate

HAHA i've just seen this!!

Yes sadly i do... and its due for a clean!! maybe friday! (I do have work at 5pm tough... ;) )

I think i may be missing a metal washer plug from my pre-owned engine cover

Ive just noticed when refitting the rubber plugs, one of them doesnt have the metal part.

Did yours have two or one?

Image2487.jpg

Image2485.jpg

Image2488.jpg

Image2486.jpg

I'll have to take mine off and have a look. It will give me a chance to picture the bolt positions too.

I don't get much chance to photo my car in daylight other than the weekends, but I'll see if I can do it at lunch time today.

Managed to grab some pics, will post a link to my thread in the Fiesta club when I have done it, but I did check, and I have that metal bit on both sides of my cover as you can see:

tng_1352992937__img_20121115_141917.jpg

Thanks mate,

Think ill be able to purchase two washers in the local DIY store and place one top and bottom to replicate the missing one,

Because they come as part of the cover and not available seperately.

ooh, my cover doesnt have any material underneath it, just plastic.

• 3 years later...

Hi Lenny I have purchased the same style cover you have off eBay and was wondering did you end up using just the two studs and nuts and washers or did you need the ball end bracket too?.many thanks for the reply Doug.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club