Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2002 Tdci Engine Hesitation

siber_pir8

Hi guys,

Got a problem that is getting worse.

When driving the car and when im in gears 1 - 4 and the revs are under 2000rpm as it gets close to 2000rpm the engine starts to shake backwards and forwards this happens when the revs dont change. But i can power through it and it will go once the power is on. But it has trouble starting in the cold despite fitting glow plugs 8months ago.

When in 1st and 2nd and accelerating it hesitates then it will pick up with speed.

Sometimes when ive drove the car and turn it off and back on, it wont start and has the glow plug light flashing on and off, evenually it will start tho. It does black smoke sometimes when booting it as well.

I know there are a few problems here but thought id list them in case they are all connected.

Diagnostic machine doesnt show any fault codes.

My guesses are its a fueling problem or sensor problem.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Simon

The black smoke would hint at a possible dirty EGR valve. It's usually accompanied by a loss in power. The remedy is to spray some wynns egr 3 cleaner down it. There is a good clip on youtube (french clip) showing what's involved (2 man job).

Yeah i had attempted to remove it before but found out it is part of the induction manifold.

I tried to clean as much as i could before but wasnt very successfull.

You dont happen to have the link for that video do you?

Yeah i had attempted to remove it before but found out it is part of the induction manifold.

I tried to clean as much as i could before but wasnt very successfull.

You dont happen to have the link for that video do you?

Just to add to this discussion, does anyone know any good scanners that will communicate with the 2001 diesel focus.

And not snap-on as its too expensive. Just need a good reader and easer

Thanks

Simon