Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is This Part Called? 2006 Mk6 Fiesta

talksy

Hi, due to the bad weather, my poor 2006 Mk6 Fiesta slipped off of the road and into a ditch. I was not going very fast so the bumper etc are all fine, but the large black plastic mount behind the bumper has cracked and broken. It is much more rigid than the bumper and has not survived. It stretches the whole length of the engine and is the same piece of plastic the head light bulbs screw on to.

If anyone knows what this is called so I can get a replacement, I would be very grateful. I have marked it in red.

Uttlesford-20101221-00375.jpg

IMG-20101221-00373.jpg

its called a slam panel, its what ties the entire front end together, everything bolts to it. the radistors, headlights, bumper, bumper reinforcer, wings. everything, not a 10 minute job to change

its called a slam panel, its what ties the entire front end together, everything bolts to it. the radistors, headlights, bumper, bumper reinforcer, wings. everything, not a 10 minute job to change

Thanks for your post. I gathered it would not be a quick job as I can see the headlights are bolted to it. Are the rads actually bolted to it or just algigned by it?

Thanks again.

the rads locate into it, as i say, not a 10 min job, gunna take an amature 3 hours or so i would think, or maybe more if being very careful, p.s whats the weather like in stansted as im due to fly back to there on christmas eve from austria

the rads locate into it, as i say, not a 10 min job, gunna take an amature 3 hours or so i would think, or maybe more if being very careful, p.s whats the weather like in stansted as im due to fly back to there on christmas eve from austria

Ok thanks. How much do you think it would cost me in labour if I were to book it in at a garage and give them a new slam panel to fit.

Weather is not too bad.

There was light snow earlier, but it didn't settle. I don't think there have been any cancellations today so you should be fine. Have a good time in Austria.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club