Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buzzing From Dashboard Fiesta Titanium

MrsMcBee

Can anyone advise please? I have this buzzing from the dashboard which has happened after hubby pulled the fuse for the ESP to get the car back to our house in the icy conditions. All he did was pull out the fuse, drive it back round the corner and then put the fuse back in and now there is this loud buzzing noise. He couldn't stop the engine when the fuse was out so stalled it and then put the fuse back in. Everything seems to be ok except for the buzzing?

Incidentally, I rang my local Ford dealer to ask about having an off switch fitted for the traction control - their response was I am the only person ever to have asked! I told them to check the internet as it is a known problem that the Fiesta Titanium is absolutely useless in snow or ice!

• 3 months later...

Can anyone advise please? I have this buzzing from the dashboard which has happened after hubby pulled the fuse for the ESP to get the car back to our house in the icy conditions. All he did was pull out the fuse, drive it back round the corner and then put the fuse back in and now there is this loud buzzing noise. He couldn't stop the engine when the fuse was out so stalled it and then put the fuse back in. Everything seems to be ok except for the buzzing?

Incidentally, I rang my local Ford dealer to ask about having an off switch fitted for the traction control - their response was I am the only person ever to have asked! I told them to check the internet as it is a known problem that the Fiesta Titanium is absolutely useless in snow or ice!

I have a buzzing/whirring from the dash with everything switched off. Its not too loud but now I have noticed it I hear it every time I switch off. I don't think mine has got traction control (it's a an 09 spec). Have you sorted your noise ?

If you think the manual Fiesta Titanium is poor in snow you want to try the auto version !! I'm just glad I didn't have to go far in the bad weather.

Is it?

I must be doing something wrong then as I found my Fiesta just as good as any other car I've owned and considering I did quite a few miles in the worst of the weather I'm more than happy with it. For a small light car I think it performed very well and personally I would leave the traction control ‘on’ its there to help.

Is it?

I must be doing something wrong then as I found my Fiesta just as good as any other car I've owned and considering I did quite a few miles in the worst of the weather I'm more than happy with it. For a small light car I think it performed very well and personally I would leave the traction control ‘on’ its there to help.

You are right. Actually, the Fiesta with manual box is very good in snow and ice. Any auto like mine is a bit dodgy in snow.

• 3 years later...

Hello, I have also heard the buzzing noise. I picked up my Titanium on Monday with 47k miles on it and now I hear it when its off, then when I come to start it again next morning, its still "buzzing" maybe its something to do with security on the car.... any news on what it actually is?

You mean it's been buzzing all night, or starts again when you turn on the ignition?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Maybe wrong, but if the car has auto climate control, the noise you are hearing will be the sensor that monitors this..... its like a little fan. And starts when unlocking the car, and will continue for a few minutes after ignition off. Totally normal. The way it is set up, will give the impression it is always on, but its not.

Thanks guys, so in my new help topic I had to go back to the car to take a fuse out and unlocked the car and noise came on then it went off within 2 minutes

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club