Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Omg

titanium_s_spec

Do you have any no claims bonus? - On your cheapest quote try reducing your miles to 5000 a year, and third party fire and theft,worked wonders for my quote, also select social only! - As long as you have no convictions it should be cheap, and even more so if you have NC bonus?

Merry Christmas!

Third Party, FIre and Theft on a 59 Plate Car.... No thanks!

Also stretching the truth about your milage and what you use the car for can land you in hot water should you need to claim!

Just keep shopping around, I'm 20 and managed to get mine fully comp for £800 with one year no claim; Im exstattic with this price seeing as my 1.2 2002 Corsa was £2000 to insure :blink:

I've just renewed my car insurance - £694 with Admiral

I'm 21 with 3years no claims & no accidents/convinctions.

Pretty chuffed as my renewal was £1,125 with Direct Line!

9yrs + no claims bonus 3 points speeding and i'm 42 swtf is going on looks like i'm paying for all these young chavs insurance.o and i am a profesional driver.car is garaged and my area is ok.So does anybody wanna buy my car.

Just had my renewal through for my car £650 :angry::angry: Best quote so far £580.

How much???

Just renewed with FordInsure, fully comp, 9+ years NCB, parked off road, I'm single (which doesn't help insurance), no points and 38. Was paying £282.31 last year and gone up just less than £30 to £312.35. All in all, considering how much other people are moaning about their insurance going up I'm not displeased with a 10% rise, even if this is quite a bit above inflation!

How much???

Just renewed with FordInsure, fully comp, 9+ years NCB, parked off road, I'm single (which doesn't help insurance), no points and 38. Was paying £282.31 last year and gone up just less than £30 to £312.35. All in all, considering how much other people are moaning about their insurance going up I'm not displeased with a 10% rise, even if this is quite a bit above inflation!

do u live in the middle of no where.

do u live in the middle of no where.

Yeah, kind of. South Cumbria, small village of about 100 people.

9yrs + no claims bonus 3 points speeding and i'm 42 swtf is going on looks like i'm paying for all these young chavs insurance.o and i am a profesional driver.car is garaged and my area is ok.So does anybody wanna buy my car.

Mine was £400 with protected no claims and a nil excess - the protected no claims premium has pushed the price up the last two years because of 2 repairs under insurance. I'm 42, live on the outskirts of Edinburgh and car is parked in a parking space.

Is it the speeding points that have pushed the price up?

Mine was £400 with protected no claims and a nil excess - the protected no claims premium has pushed the price up the last two years because of 2 repairs under insurance. I'm 42, live on the outskirts of Edinburgh and car is parked in a parking space.

Is it the speeding points that have pushed the price up?

And the Mountune upgrade?

And the Mountune upgrade?

the points has very little affect and the mountune is a recognised upgrade from the manufacturer.IT's the going up nearly £300 i don't get.

the points has very little affect and the mountune is a recognised upgrade from the manufacturer.IT's the going up nearly £300 i don't get.

No I don't get it either, that makes no sense.

Speaking as someone with connections to the insurance world if your premium has gone up it might be nothing more than a change in the underwriting attitude of your insurer. The fact is that the motor insurance market is in a right old mess at the moment and contrary to what everyone thinks hardly any insurers are making any profit out of it. Quite a few insurers have given up hope of ever making a profit and stopped writing motor insurance.

Consider the following:

- aggregators (Compare the Merecat, Money Supermarket etc) driving prices down

- credit-hire costs driving claims up (those people that sort you out a hire car at huge cost to the "fault" insurer)

- injury costs have increased massively. The vast majority is whiplash and the vast proportion of these are exaggerated or made up

- fraud, crash for cash and the like

- insurers used to subsidise underwriting losses from investment income. Now there is no investment income to subsidise the losses from

According to a recent survey of insurers the UK personal motor market is set to remain unprofitable until at least 2015.

Now, I don't expect anyone has the least sympathy with the insurers but some chickens are coming home to roost. All the credit hire costs and fraudulent and exaggerated claims have to be paid for in the end and some insurers are no longer willing to write motor business for a loss. So, while the adverts tell us that our premiums can only ever go down the reality is there will be fewer motor insurers around and most of us are about to see our premiums go up. A lot.

Do shop around, the aggregators and direct insurers are useful if you are a "standard" risk, if you are "non standard" (convictions, modifications, young/inexperienced driver and the like) your best best is probably to use a broker instead. But either way I think for most of us a 10% increase in premium will be the best we can hope for next year.

FordInsure provided me with the best cover -v- price.

Fiesta 1.6 petrol, 2010 brand new, 9000 miles per year, living in village a few miles outside city in Central Scotland, age 44, max ncd, clean driving record, fully comp, ncd protected (declined their additional legal cover tho), Mr Average when it comes to job, home owner etc. Price quoted £244.

But...

Check out the offers on Money Back websites as well as comparison websites. TopCashBack were offering £50 off when I purchased my insurance thru FordInsure (they now offer £55 cashback!!! ). So effectively I paid £194. B)

If you didn't know about these moneyback websites before, you do now. Certainly worth checking the deals on offer.

I've found that Topcashback, Quidco are the best, but there may be others I don't know about.

It pays to shop around. Good hunting.

If you didn't know about these moneyback websites before, you do now. Certainly worth checking the deals on offer.

I've found that Topcashback, Quidco are the best, but there may be others I don't know about.

It pays to shop around. Good hunting.

+1

I've had £815.96 from Quidco to date and a £100+ from TopCashback :)

i do wish you would all stop moaning about your CHEAP car insurance haha.

my insurance is £285 A MONTH! with a £600 deposit to start it off, and a £600 excess!

i drive a 1.25 fiesta zetec. i have a clean licence and no crashes or claims on my insurance!

im 18, and passed my theory and practical tests first time, my practical, i only got ONE minor. i mean where is the line?

do the government truely not understand why people skip being insured?

believe me its crossed my mind. the car i bought was only 1250 quid so im paying literally 3x as much as the cars actual value.

i do feel your pain. but its just something we all have to live with. :( :angry:

i do wish you would all stop moaning about your CHEAP car insurance haha.

my insurance is £285 A MONTH! with a £600 deposit to start it off, and a £600 excess!

i drive a 1.25 fiesta zetec. i have a clean licence and no crashes or claims on my insurance!

im 18, and passed my theory and practical tests first time, my practical, i only got ONE minor. i mean where is the line?

do the government truely not understand why people skip being insured?

believe me its crossed my mind. the car i bought was only 1250 quid so im paying literally 3x as much as the cars actual value.

i do feel your pain. but its just something we all have to live with. :( :angry:

You're paying around £3,700?! That doesn't seem right? Even when I was 18 (only 3 years ago) with a '97 1.4 Fiesta Zetec it was 'only' £1,500.

There isn't a "rough" area of Cambridge I don't know about is there? :P

Crikey, I'm the same age and pay £200 less than that on an BMW M3 with protected no claims.

Im 20 nearly 21 and my renewal os on my birthday. This year was just over 700 and next is 510. I will have four years no claims and my mother is on as a named driverfor when i borrow her car to do work on it

I dont get As me and inath live 12miles apart and drive the same car. And mines cheaper even though kts got more extras on it

!Removed! insurance companies

fordpartsman - those will be the same bl00dy insurance companies that keep your workshop in business then? And with the recent weather I would imagine it's quite good business too!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 18 years old and have a 1.6 Zetec S.. I only pay £800 for the year.. And I only have 1 years no claims! But then my mate who lives 2 miles away pays £3000 on a 1 litre 106.

last year admiral was the cheapest for me at £500 with full cover and another named driver i do have about 8 years no claims bonus. im 26 and i always think the next year will be slightly cheaper but it still rises.