Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Omg

titanium_s_spec

i pay 1800 for mine at the minute, 2 years no claim, 3points, 12000 miles per year,

checked out new insurance prices and when i turn 21(11days) i could insure my fiesta and golf(1.8 mk3 with mods) for that price

I'm 18 years old and have a 1.6 Zetec S.. I only pay £800 for the year.. And I only have 1 years no claims! But then my mate who lives 2 miles away pays £3000 on a 1 litre 106.

that seems well cheap ?? , is that full cover or third party . i think the price affects where you live which seems wrong . i know someone whos cheapest they could find is £1600 and he is about 22 and drives a more standard zetec

At last a benefit of being an old git( 64). I live in South Cumbria like one of the previous posters and pay £ 256.0 a year for my pride and joy, a 2007 Jaguar XJ 2.7D Sovereign.( 5000 miles a year only) Relevant to this forum my wife has just bought a 2010 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TDCI and has been quoted around £200 for a full year, but I am sure I can improve on that in October when it comes up for renewal. I feel sorry for you youngsters having to pay so much, it never cost me a lot to insure cars when I was your age. If we could catch up with the idiots with NO insurance and cut off their gooleys we could cut the cost of insurance for the rest of us.

1.6 Titanium ....952...

3 years driving 2 years no claims

It actually costs more than my 120bhp turbo Mito which did 0-60 in about 8.5 seconds...

Pretty annoyed, as they're the same insurance group.

At last a benefit of being an old git( 64). I live in South Cumbria like one of the previous posters and pay £ 256.0 a year for my pride and joy, a 2007 Jaguar XJ 2.7D Sovereign.( 5000 miles a year only) Relevant to this forum my wife has just bought a 2010 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TDCI and has been quoted around £200 for a full year, but I am sure I can improve on that in October when it comes up for renewal. I feel sorry for you youngsters having to pay so much, it never cost me a lot to insure cars when I was your age. If we could catch up with the idiots with NO insurance and cut off their gooleys we could cut the cost of insurance for the rest of us.

I think the Fiesta costs around £210 for us which includes courtesy car, legal, claims protection and of course fully comp.

The thing is, these youngsters are the ones that are having the most accidents and claims (along with the over 70's), so it's obvious that they are hammered on insurance. Of course, the minority of the youngsters spoil it for the majority, but that's the way of the world unfortunately and if we ran insurance companies we'd all give the highest premiums to the highest risk, simple as that.

• 1 month later...

that seems well cheap ?? , is that full cover or third party . i think the price affects where you live which seems wrong . i know someone whos cheapest they could find is £1600 and he is about 22 and drives a more standard zetec

Thats fully comp mate, i know this was an old thread but just saw this reply. My insurance is now dropping to £600 in may with my 2 years no claims.

OP you got it good , i have 8 years no claims and drive a zetec 1.4tdci and mine was £870 until i matched to another quote of £670!

I'm 18 years old and have a 1.6 Zetec S.. I only pay £800 for the year.. And I only have 1 years no claims! But then my mate who lives 2 miles away pays £3000 on a 1 litre 106.

thats seems low for an 18 year old driving a 1.6 zetec s ?