Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Window Washer Not Working

Colin T

Hi, just got a Focus and need to fix a few things...

the Rear window washer is not working, no water coming out....I can hear the pump working, front washer OK

I've seen that this is a common problem and can be caused by pipe coming off rear window spray jet assembly.

I undid the 2 screws on the rear window brake light fitting but it didn't come loose, is there anything else holding this or does it need a bit of leverage?

any help / advice appreciated

Thanks

Needs a bit of a pull mate, I'd imagine it would have come loose on a new car but 10/11 years of water and gunk around it is holding it in place.

Needs a bit of a pull mate, I'd imagine it would have come loose on a new car but 10/11 years of water and gunk around it is holding it in place.

Thanks, I didn't want to break anything....I'll give it a go and let you know.

Thanks, I didn't want to break anything....I'll give it a go and let you know.

with the current weather its likely frozen

+1 on above, water bottle and lines to washer would definitely be frozen solid.

Hi, a little warmer today here in Suffolk, so I've taken a quick look at rear washer and found that there is a break in the pipe inside the rubber boot that sits between the car body and hatchback door. There was insulation tape wrapped around the broken pipe, somebodies idea of a 'fix' which probably lasted about 10 minutes!

Will be trying to fix this after xmas.

Hi, a little warmer today here in Suffolk, so I've taken a quick look at rear washer and found that there is a break in the pipe inside the rubber boot that sits between the car body and hatchback door. There was insulation tape wrapped around the broken pipe, somebodies idea of a 'fix' which probably lasted about 10 minutes!

Will be trying to fix this after xmas.

had this one easiest fix is to buy a connector piece from Halfords and trim the old line so its nice edges on it warm up the hose and push the straight pipe connector in it takes a fair bit of pushing im sure it was 6mm piece the roof lining will also be wet so youll just need to give that time to dryout

• 9 years later...

I had the same problem. I took off the rear light and unplugged the hose. I had a very flexible piece of wire that I poked int the hose. It only went in about 6" despite much wiggling of the wire. I suspected a kink in the hose between the rear door ad the car body. I took off the interior panels on the door, unbolted the rear spoiler and removed it. There was a connector in the hose, so I removed the hose. Then found the problem, the connector has a spring loaded ball to close off the water when the pump is not pumping, like a ckeck valve. This was blocked with gunk. I cleaned it out under a tap, put it back on the hose, tested it and had a good flow of water. Then reassembled all the parts taken off. A 2 minute job the clean the valve but a couple of hours to dismantle and reassemble.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club