Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do I Remove The Front Grill On A Mk6 Fiesta ?

UK345

Hi im looking to replace the front grill on my fiesta for a chrome one that is often found on ghia models. My question is how do i remove the old grill and fit the new one ? Obviously i dont want to damage either of them as when i sell up the plastic one will be returning onto the car. I had a look today and looks like it just sort of pulls off, is this right or is there a special way to avoid damaging it ?

Unclip the small lugs at either side, make sure the bonnet latch is not in the way and give a good pull, there are about 4 clips run along the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening.

Is there any way of getting the grill off whilst the bonnet is down?

I don't know how it has happened but I have managed to get the bonnet release catch stuck behind the grill so I can't open the bonnet. In the guide it shows the bonnet must be open to remove the grill. Am I going to have to resort to snapping it off?

If you can, try and push your bonnet back down to make the catch push itself back in, they a slight push on your grill to get it back in place, and then lift the bonnet as normal ? the Grill itself will just unclip as Gazjs said, two clips at either side on the top and a few on the bottom of the grill !

Good luck !

• Like 1

Thanks Fan70M.

I think when I took the headlight and grill out the other day to change my side light, I must have put the grill on without releasing the catch. And now it is stuck behind.When I push the bonnet back down, the catch retracts as you say, but not completely and it is getting caught. I might just have to give the grill one hard pull and hope it comes out with out damage.

Silly me.

:P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club