Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick Clear Windscreen

Rikos

Hello all,

I used my quick clear windscreen yesterday morning and it didnt work fully.

It cleared most of the windscreen but left a patch in uncleared about 4 inches wide going from bottom to top. Is there anything than can be done or is it a case of a replacement windscreen.

Cheers,

Rik

if it only left a patch uncleared i think it would be some damaged elements someware

Thats what i thought, which i think will mean a new windscreen. I have got a warranty and it does say it's covered but the ford garage near me wont do it unless i pay for it first so may have to go back to the original garage that i bought the car from.

Ay up Rik, sounds like your have part of the foil strip either at the top or bottom of the screen broken so not making full contact hence the patches? where abouts does the screen stay fogged up?

Right in front of the drivers side about 4 inches across and then there are a few odd lines over the windscreen

Right in front of the drivers side about 4 inches across and then there are a few odd lines over the windscreen

Sometimes they have a bad contact point thats corroded and where the wires connect to the screen, if you can find which side the connector is to the screen check the wiring connector and clean the contacts with a bit of fine sand paper ? :)

Off Topic mate, but i'm now a MOD too, well on the LOC anyway :D :D

Mine's been like this for a couple years at least, I figured it was burnt out elements (they are so thin!) and that the only fix was a new windscreen and I'm not gonna pay for that!

Let us know if you do manage to fix it cos the stripey clearing bugs me no end!

If your fully comp then your windscreen excess will only be £50 ...... not that i'm suggesting anything.

Hahaha, I don't know what you mean. ;)

After what my car's been through recently (see updated catalytic woes thread) I'm not gonna be hurling a brick at it!

Congratulations mate

I'll try and have to find these connectors on the windscreen then cheers Chris

Have you had chance to have a look yet Rik? :unsure:

I had a quick look but couldnt see anything. Need to have a more in depth look, dont suppose you know roughly where i should be looking?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club