Do Not Sell My Personal Information

H I D Headlights

Mondeoman

Hi i was wondering if it is feasible and worthwhile to fit HID Headlights to my 06 Titanium X....How difficult and what sort of cost am i looking at ? thanks in advance....Bill

i think it would be more trouble than its worth to fit a full HID Kit, as its not just the headlight you have to change but headlight washers and a self leveling system to stay within the law.

• 3 weeks later...

hi i just bought a mondeo st tdci on a 55 plate it has a 8000k HID Kit in it i was taking to the lad who owned it and put the HID Kit in there and he said it was quite easy he did not have to do anything with the headlight washers and a self leveling system as they all work fine just make sure you get the kit for a mondeo they are awesome go for it

Thanks for that ..Are the HID just fitted to the dipped beam ?..or can you get a kit for both dipped and main beam ?..I understand that legally HID are supposed to be self levelling depending on the load in the car..After market kits won't do this , so it's a chance you take on the legal side of things....Bill

I have the HID 8000K H7 bulbs in my 53 plate Mondeo, all you are doing is just replacing the bulb with a HID bulb and adding a couple of more wires in the back of the headlamp. You need to make a slit in the back plate of the headlights to to make room for the wires that come from the ballest to power the HID bulbs. My car has just gone threw a MOT with no problems at all, and after running a car with HID I will always fit them to whatever car I own

• 2 weeks later...

HID's should be banned.

Nothing worse than somebody driving at you and blinding you even when they are on dipped beam. Great for the user, dangerous for everyone else

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club