Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spray Painting A Door

Eazy E

Hi all, I recently purchased my mk1 focus from a guy I work with. He's a bit of a doughnut, or at least his mate is as one time (Befor I bought the car) the passenger door was left open on a main road. Subsequently you can probably guess what happened next! The door was clipped slightlty but enough tor break the check strap and bend/dent the door in various places!

There's no damage to the hinges or frame etc. I have aquired another 3 door nearside door from a Focus st170 in magnum grey, my car is black and it will need spraying. Has anybody used standard auto spray on a panel or door and has it worked? Is there any good stuff available out there for DIYers? Any help appreciated

Got to agree here. DIY spray jobs are ok on inconspicuous areas but a large area (such as a door, bonnet, wing etc) really needs doing by a pro' with all the pro' gear and paints.

Got to agree here. DIY spray jobs are ok on inconspicuous areas but a large area (such as a door, bonnet, wing etc) really needs doing by a pro' with all the pro' gear and paints.

got to agree if you want to do it you need to strip the door inside and out remove the bump strip then you would need to scotchbrite the whole door and then use tack cloths to remove the dust then use panel wipe to make sure its clean it would need primed then wet and dryed and primed and wet and dried then a top coat etc etc the cost would be ridiculous either get another door in the right color or get it pro sprayed

Tried to respray a brand new door mirror once using the right paint for my car but the finish was abysmal-on a door it would look hideous if not done correctly-get it done by a pro.

Tried to respray a tiny couple of deep scratches on my 54 plate fiesta - there is always a difference! don't risk it as at the end a body shop most likely will have to do it!! that was a patch - not a panel, they had to sand, spray and blend into the surrounding panels...

wasn't worth the hassle!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club