Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noise From Back Of 52 130 Tdci When Turning

Portland Bill

Having had my Mondeo for a couple of weeks now, I've been paying attention to the way it drives etc, to make sure it's ok.

The only thing I've really noticed other than the remote key being worn out is a noise which comes from the back of the car when cornering left. I don't think it is relative to speed, it just sounds a bit like a worn bearing type/rumble noise whenever I drive around left hand bends. Soon as the car is straight again though it disappears.

Turning right there is no noise, only left, and it definitely sounds like it's coming from the back.

Any ideas what it might be?

Having had my Mondeo for a couple of weeks now, I've been paying attention to the way it drives etc, to make sure it's ok.

The only thing I've really noticed other than the remote key being worn out is a noise which comes from the back of the car when cornering left. I don't think it is relative to speed, it just sounds a bit like a worn bearing type/rumble noise whenever I drive around left hand bends. Soon as the car is straight again though it disappears.

Turning right there is no noise, only left, and it definitely sounds like it's coming from the back.

Any ideas what it might be?

if its anything like my focus then its definately a wheel bearing, ive had cadbury cream eggs last longer! "engineered for life" lmao. easy enough thing to check out bill just jack up the rear end and spin the wheel you will soon hear if its a bearing.

A mate of mine has just had a rear wheel bearing done on his 54 Mondeo (60,000 miles )...The quote he got for just the bearing was £117 + VAT...And i don't think it was from FORD...A bit steep for a bearing i thought....Bill

Thanks for the help guys but I just discovered a far more serious problem on my way home just now...... :angry:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club