Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seat Belt Bleep - How Can You Switch It Off?

kabz77

Does anyone know how you can switch off the seat belt warning bleep permanently on the Fiesta Mk7? I dont want to leave the seat belt clipped into the tensioner 24/7 and I can't find a salvage place that sells the seat belt clip. I heard that theres a plug underneath the seat that I can just unplug, is this true and will this cause the cars ecu/canbus any problems?

Why would you? Unless you want to break the law!

Just drive slowly, seriously, if you drive slow, you can do it, I have on a showground moving my car to the car park!

Is it not covered under the warning/information chimes section of the menu? And why is it on anyway?

I just wear my seatbelt. It can be annoying if you're just moving the car a few meters but it's for your own good really.

Turn the ignition to position 2 and buckle and unbuckle drivers seatbelt 9 times. The light in the cluster will flash 3 times

Fordspartman - thanks for that. I assume position 2 is the position before the engine comes on. Do I assume the passenger one will also stop bleeping.

Please note, I know its reckless of me to not wear the seat belt but I'm of the thinking when I'm doing local driving at 20/30mph not wearing the seat belt isn't a big deal but its always strapped on whenever I'm on dual carriageways or motorways. Before the emails start flying over, I admit I'm stupid but its something I wont ever change.

Thank you

If you have a start button, is position 2, actually position 1?

but I'm of the thinking when I'm doing local driving at 20/30mph not wearing the seat belt isn't a big deal

I still wouldn't want my head going through some glass/in to the dashboard at 20/30mph!

Please note, I know its reckless of me to not wear the seat belt but I'm of the thinking when I'm doing local driving at 20/30mph not wearing the seat belt isn't a big deal

And illegal when on a public highway! On private roads like our estate at work then its ok, but I always do! it's not my driving, its others you need to be aware of!

Please note, I know its reckless of me to not wear the seat belt but I'm of the thinking when I'm doing local driving at 20/30mph not wearing the seat belt isn't a big deal

Well considering that your doing 30mph and some chav hits you at 40. good luck.

Please note, I know its reckless of me to not wear the seat belt but I'm of the thinking when I'm doing local driving at 20/30mph not wearing the seat belt isn't a big deal but its always strapped on whenever I'm on dual carriageways or motorways. Before the emails start flying over, I admit I'm stupid but its something I wont ever change.

Thank you

That is easily the most stupid thing I've heard on this board. I hope the police catch you out before someone hits you.

I'm with the others, if you want to kill yourself then don't let us stop you.

Why not just insert the passenger buckle in the drivers lock? Easy peasy.

Yeah who are we to judge and each to their own, but I do hope u don't have any children as you aren't being very responsible or setting a good example. Also if u pull up sharp at 30, granted u may not go flying through the window but you'll probably end up with a sore head. but guess u know that anyway.

that seat thing looks like great fun! i want a go of one haha!

but oh a serious note, yeah your an idiot mate, like someone said earlier it makes no difference how safe you drive, its the other people on the road that can cause the biggest risks

• Like 1

Enjoy the £60.00 fines...

Just make sure you dont pass these bad habits to anyone younger...

As much as i didnt want to comment, its 1. Ridiculous 2. Irresponsible

With all these people mentioning its everyone elses driving you need to think of, thats true to an extent, but how do you think the driver you hit/who hit you would feel once they see you hanging through the windscreen?

Wether you/they are the cause... your death will always be on their conscience.

They should put someone on that sled without the belt to demonstrate what really happens. Suppose it goes to show why cups of coffee come with lids - think how much you'd spill on your lap and burn yourself if you stop suddenly at 4mph whilst holding one and driving! :rolleyes:

Fordspartman - thanks for that. I assume position 2 is the position before the engine comes on. Do I assume the passenger one will also stop bleeping.

Thank you

If natural selection doesn't remove you from the gene pool first, please don't have children. ;)

I never do it, but tried it, and it works, mine no longer beeps!

Does it do it for all seats? As I always have mine on, it's others, who don't/are slow!

I wrote the wifes car off in October last year when an idiot pulled out from a row of parked cars, hit my front wing/wheel pushing me into metal railings. I was only doing 30, and walked away, could have been much different if not wearing the belt.

But the choice is yours

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club