Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting 'ford Power' Start Button In Fiesta Mk7

Ben...

Keyless start is great, jump in and foot on clutch, push button and go!

Especially if your planning on doing a Bank Job,:ph34r: :ph34r:

You don’t want to be:

Eh ok Step 1, i turn the key once, then twice, ok done

Step 2, where did i drill the hole again?:unsure:

Step3, ah yes there it is,:rolleyes:

Step 4, Press the button

Step 5, Clutch and gear

Step 6, Off Handbrake and Gone!:P

No thanks cops would have you surrounded by the time you reach step 4 :(

Hi mate I think it's a great mod. One question if I cut the wires to the switch i won't be able to use the switch for starting I will have to use the button. Is this correct ????. Also where did you get your red ford badge ?, It looks mint !!!!..

I love the gloss black tiim. I have a 59 econetic and I have done loads to it I will be posting pics soon.

Hi mate I think it's a great mod. One question if I cut the wires to the switch i won't be able to use the switch for starting I will have to use the button. Is this correct ????. Also where did you get your red ford badge ?, It looks mint !!!!..

I love the gloss black tiim. I have a 59 econetic and I have done loads to it I will be posting pics soon.

Badges are from DMB graphics, google it.

I wouldn't recommend cutting any wires!

The way it is wired up, you NEED the key in at stage II (ignition on) for the button to be active

This DOES NOT replace the key it is purely for aesthetic purposes

If you wanted the button to work without the key you would have to somehow install the keyless start modules and receivers

• 5 months later...

Should put this in guides section?!

Agreed!

Excellent guide Ben, many thanks!

Mines still working a treat :)

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

added this to my mk1 focus a while back now, becomes second nature after a while......great guide and i may add this to my mk7

post-45897-0-60438900-1406730263_thumb.j

Unrelated to the actual mod, but related to some comments in this thread: anyone got the factory keyless start on a new diesel? All the talk about leaving it a few seconds before cranking the engine, I'm wondering how this works with the keyless systems where - as has been pointed out - you just get in, press clutch and press the button. Should you press the button without depressing the clutch to turn on the electrics for a few seconds or does the system automatically delay the engine turning until the glow plugs are ready? Purely selfish reasons for asking, since I have one and I'm wondering how things'll work when it turns colder :)

As for the mod itself, it does appear an odd one at first look but I think I can see a case for it if you're the kind of person who's willing to put the work in. Good guide anyway, and brave to try it :)

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bring back such an old topic but since I can't post topics thought I'd ask this here. What is the part number for this "raised" style bezel. I have the flat one installed now. post-56567-142142130067_thumb.jpg