Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Comes Open

stevo123

hi there, the boot on my fiesta zetec s keeps coming open, i just done 7 miles home from work and it come open 3 times,has anyone else had this problem?

I've not had the problem myself but remember reading, on here I think, that the rubber stops on the boot lid can be screwed in/out to change their length. Being too far out stops the boot catch engaging fully. Maybe try !Removed! them in further, unless the problem is that despite being shut correctly it pops open? Don't hold me to any of this though, just going by what I've read!

I've not had the problem myself but remember reading, on here I think, that the rubber stops on the boot lid can be screwed in/out to change their length. Being too far out stops the boot catch engaging fully. Maybe try !Removed! them in further, unless the problem is that despite being shut correctly it pops open? Don't hold me to any of this though, just going by what I've read!

i think it has something to do with the remote locking device because i can sit in the car stationary and here a clicking noise and then the boot pops open.

try to disconnect batteries to reset car settings (if its something to do with this locikng) but i might be talking rubbish. Just a thought

mine kept doing it the boot switch was faulty fixed under warranty

Do you have the key in your back pocket? I happens to me when I sit down, and have to get out to reshut it!

I have exactly the same problem !

Also though my boot button is dead and has been for some time, but today it has started doing the same as yours. I get in the car start the engine and pop goes the boot.

If i shut it quickly and get in the car and press the lock button it stops doing it, but as the car has just gone out of warrenty i am reluctant to have it done as the stealers will charge a bomb !!!

• 1 year later...

mine is going in friday, it should be done under warranty it was a year old last week.

Can you let us know the outcome please?

I have started having this exact problem today and now every time I start the engine, the boot pops open.

Have a 2010 Fiesta which is now out of warranty, or is this still covered?

Could be a wiring issue which I fear may cost a bomb to fix! :(

I have started having this exact problem today and now every time I start the engine, the boot pops open.

The warranty will be for 3 years from registration. :)

Mine did it a year ago, then seemed to stop, was all right through Summer, then refused to unlock on the Central Locking though would unlock with the key button. The electric latch was replaced under warranty. I believe this is a pretty commn fault on Fiestas and Focuses.

• 1 month later...

Hi. Have you got an update on the outcome? I have exactly the same problem. When I turn the key to start the engine the boot pops open. It does the same with both keys. But if I lock the doors by the button on the dash, then start the car, its OK.

Help

Thanks

mine kept doing it the boot switch was faulty fixed under warranty

Snap, replaced the boot switch under warranty and solved the problem. It was fine until I had my second service and they put a tonne of grease all over it.

Thanks for the reply. Out of warranty but only done 11000 miles. Could be expensive then.

Before the fiesta we had a 55plate focus and had this exact problem its the switch.In the focus the water got into the switch soleniod and jusy kept popping the bootas it made a short, i guess there still the same water ingress issue on the new fords!

Heyyy.

I had this problem last month! My boyfriend fitted wired in my amp & sub and I drove a mile down the road pulled out my key and my boot kept popping open. We thought it was because we had fiited in the sub which did it but it turns out it wasnt.

Everytime i started the engine or took my key out I could hear the boot clicking even though it had already unlocked....

I took it to fords as its still under warrenty and they had to replace my boot switch. This is a general fault with them , they put it down to freezing weather. I hope it doesnt become a common problem...

Well this fault appeared on my car last night. Threw the keys at my service dept this morning and is now all fixed and back in my possession. New switch fitted and numerous jokes from colleagues later im back in my pride and joy and i can now go over 20mph without the thought in the back of my mind

this happened to me also last year,had it fixed under warranty with all the other issues i had!! as said by others It seems to be that water can get into the swich causing it to open but since it was fixed its not happened again must have been a faulty batch of switches that were fitted.

Thanks for the replies. Now I need to know how to get the boot lid trim off. I can only see one screw in the pull down aperture but I've taken that out and its not shifting. Anyone have any ideas.

Cheers

The Haynes Manual says pull the main panel away from the tailgate to release the interior clips after undoing the screw.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club