Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011Fiesta Thread

2011fiesta

Hi all,

Just thought I'd upload some pics of my new pride and joy. Its a black 60 reg 1.4 Titanium with an automatic transmission. (My previous/first car was a 2002 1.3 Hyundai Accent 'hand-me-down' I got for free so couldn't complain at all, but it makes my new fiesta feel like a major upgrade). :)

I passed in a manual and the Hyundai was a manual but when it come to choosing the fiesta's spec I wanted to test drive an auto, just to simply see what it was like having never driven one. After the 20ish mins of trying it I knew I wanted mine to be an auto too. I do quite a lot of city driving so thats my excuse, but its mainly down to laziness aswell lol :unsure: ...and my dealer had an offer on the autos which kinda worked out as if you were getting the automatic transmission thrown in for free, so I thought why not. (I know a few people here will probably be cringing by now).

Anyway, originally I was going to get an Edge model, then friends/family kept trying to encourage me to pay a bit extra and get the Zetec for the alloys, chrome etc etc, so I ordered a 5 door zetec in black with USB/bluetooth/sync - this was about June/July. The dealer said there was none in the compound so it would have to be built. After a long wait - late September time - Ford contacted the dealer saying mine wouldn't even get built til mid October. The dealer told me this and I said that I wasn't happy having to wait such a long time and that I'd already had to put extra road tax on the hyundai, and soon I'd need to reinsure it. So the dealer then called back having found a similar car that had just left the factory floor the previous day, and that it was available just waiting to be shipped - however it was a titanium model, so for an extra 500 quid I could have that one. After he listed the extras I would get with it being the Titanium I pretty much snapped his hand off at the thought of having all the extra goodies.

So finally mid October arrived I think it was, and I picked up my new ride.

I'm really impressed with the car, as are my friends and family. Only niggles I have are the rear windows aren't electric (which I had on the hyundai), and after looking at the american fiesta online, I wish mine had a 6 speed auto box too. But other than that its a great car! :D

So heres some pics...

Day of collection:

Photo007-Copy.jpg

Photo006-Copy.jpg

Christmas time:

Photo020-Copy.jpg

Photo013-Copy.jpg

Interior shots:

SAM_0116-Copy.jpg

SAM_0119.jpg

SAM_0120.jpg

SAM_0123.jpg

After many months of reading this forum on the run up to my delievery date I noticed the arm rest thread and decided to order one:

SAM_0126.jpg

I've just ordered some of the scuff plates too (non light up ones), so will take some pics once I recieve and fit those.

Paul.

• Like 2

Nice car! nice sound system option :) Shame about the transmision!

lol, thanks. Yeah the sound is amazing -especially with the DSP set to pop, the beat can be felt through the door handles. Only had the volume up to 7 so far as well, god knows what 20 or w/e is like.

• Like 1

car looks awesome mate. Im so jealous about that sony head unit and im glad you got titanium than zetec :)

Shame its automatic :/ you lose some mpg on this

oh, btw. Was arm rest as standard in your titanium?

car looks awesome mate. Im so jealous about that sony head unit and im glad you got titanium than zetec :)

Shame its automatic :/ you lose some mpg on this

oh, btw. Was arm rest as standard in your titanium?

Cheers mate, yeah I knew to expect poorer mpg and was slighty worried over decemeber when I was getting an average of 30mpg, but I put it down to the engine being cold and having the heater and heated windows on. Then yesterday before I pulled away I reset the average mpg reading and managed to get 43.3 on the way home - was driving a bit like a granny though. Nevermind, I still think its worth it not having a clutch and gears anymore.

The arm rest didn't come with the car no, I found an eBay link from someone elses post > http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8488&st=15 (mines the same as the second set of pictures down)

• Like 1

your car is almost the same as mine mate except mines manual and body kit with wheels but anyway i got the same armrest are you finding the tape sufficient or not as i am half tempted to drill some holes and bolt it in. although i personally was impressed with the cup holder finish i feel it matches the car well. question is though your mount on your air vent is it for phone or sat nav and where did you get it from.

Ant.

your car is almost the same as mine mate except mines manual and body kit with wheels but anyway i got the same armrest are you finding the tape sufficient or not as i am half tempted to drill some holes and bolt it in. although i personally was impressed with the cup holder finish i feel it matches the car well. question is though your mount on your air vent is it for phone or sat nav and where did you get it from.

Ant.

Hi Ant. I doubted the 3 thin pieces of tape would be enough at first so thought I'd try it for a week - been a month so far and I find it alright. Although I hardly ever fold it up. Think if I did fold it up and down say every drive I would probably look to making it more secure/permanent. The odd time I'd folded it up I've held the bottom of it with my other hand while doing so.

I'd cover the entire base with double sided self adhesive pads before getting the drill out - but thats coz I'd mess it up.

The mount is for my tomtom one xl. The wheel blocks the view of the screen slightly but I can live with that. Just happy I don't have to mess around sticking the sat nav to the window or those dash disks anymore. It was only 7 quid-ish. Can't remember which site I got it from - sorry - I would of just done a search for "tomtom one xl vent mount" or something. Heres a pic of one:

15195150x.jpg

iNath - the arm rest was just over 50 pound inc shipping (from hong kong).

• Like 1

Attempted a few night shots but they turned out fuzzy. I tried setting the camera to night mode, and then firework mode but didn't make much difference :unsure:

SAM_0130.jpg

SAM_0134.jpg

SAM_0135.jpg

• Like 1

is this the one you got "armrest Black fabric"? There is also letaher version and it costs 39 pounds + 19 postage from germany. You got leather version right?

Thanks for night shots! Sony looks so sexy!

Heres the one I got - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130460646947&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT - I presumed mine was fabric but turned out to be leather - didn't mind either way.

mrobins64495 - I have no idea mate - maybe someone else on here can answer that?

• Like 1

Mint motor you have there. Night pics look brill.

I've driven a few autos before and would consider one, never gave it a thought when looking for the Fiesta + 43 mpg is good.

mrobins, i believe it does but dont quote me, it has lots more sound settings so even if not improve it at least gives more flexibility. If someone wants to compare let us know as i can only compare to my mk6.5 sony stereo this is an improvement.

mrobins, i believe it does but dont quote me, it has lots more sound settings so even if not improve it at least gives more flexibility. If someone wants to compare let us know as i can only compare to my mk6.5 sony stereo this is an improvement.

Ah Fair enough thats good to know, Guess it cant be retrofitted, same with the display?

Also where did you get your DRLs I cant see them on your pic?

Are they good?

I don't have DRLs, those 2 night shots are just with and without the camera flash lol.

EDIT > oh right u meant antman99s

• Like 1

I dont know if it can, someone at my local dealership was talking about it when i was there the other day but it seems as if not, DRL's are from eBay they are the flexible 48cm strip ones but had to go through about 6 pairs to get some almost white legal ones as they kept sending blue ones, they are not on my picture as i installed them after the picture il take some more somewhen to show you.

Ant

Does th sony stereo improve sound quality?

I can answer this. Having owned 2 MK7 Fiesta's (Zetec 58 plate & Titanium 60 plate) the sony radio offers sound improvments over the standard silver unit. The system comes with 8 Speakers, not 6 like the silver unit. Members who were at the FOC meet last year will also be able to tell you what an improvment it is over the standard unit.

Members who were at the FOC meet last year will also be able to tell you what an improvment it is over the standard unit.

Speaking of which everyone needs to attend the FOC meet on Sunday 30th January!

Confirm your attendance here!

Just got back from work to find my scuff plates have arrived (non light up ones).

Am I right in saying I have to lift the bottom of the rubber door seem up to apply the plates?? :unsure:

• Like 1

Am I right in saying I have to lift the bottom of the rubber door seem up to apply the plates?? :unsure:

That's correct :)

Ah right, cheers mate.

I'll report bac with pics in a day or 2 :P

• Like 1

As promised a pic of the scuff plates fitted:

IMG_0009.jpg

...in the end I didn't need to lift the rubber door seal, even though the instructions said otherwise - just as well as they seemed pretty glued down to me.

I've been out cleaning the car today after finding it in a bit of a state the other night, so heres some before and after snaps:

Photo021-Copy-1.jpg

IMG_0005-Copy.jpg

IMG_0004-Copy.jpg

• Like 1