Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Exhaust Tone?!

Eazy E

Hi all just fitted a new 3.5" rolled tip backbox to my Focus mk1 2.0, drove away from the garage happy as Larry as to how it looks. However I notice no difference in sound at all, no sport base tone?! You can hear it a bit when you switch the ignition but it's no different to my stock one. Only driven 2 miles in it, will it get louder? Or has something been missed out, very puzzled please help cheers!

Hi all just fitted a new 3.5" rolled tip backbox to my Focus mk1 2.0, drove away from the garage happy as Larry as to how it looks. However I notice no difference in sound at all, no sport base tone?! You can hear it a bit when you switch the ignition but it's no different to my stock one. Only driven 2 miles in it, will it get louder? Or has something been missed out, very puzzled please help cheers!

what kind of backbox is it? if its just a silencer with a different tip i cant see why it would sound any different.

It's just an after market GT3 backbox with a different tip, I thought this would be enough but clearly not? Will I need to get a full system? Very annoyed! Looked for a silencer in the tail piper but there isn't one

It's just an after market GT3 backbox with a different tip, I thought this would be enough but clearly not? Will I need to get a full system? Very annoyed! Looked for a silencer in the tail piper but there isn't one

google piper,magnex exhausts (just examples) and you will find many offerings of bigger bore back boxes/exhausts that will give you a different sound. ensure you select a recommended one for your car as you may well end up with a loss of engine performance. a full system is likely to cost you a few bob though!