Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking

ade

Hi all

I left my keys on my passenger seat the other day and the doors locked themselves?????? Why is that????

Sometimes when set off driving the doors lock automatically and other times they dont??????? Why is that?????

Sometimes when the doors lock after setting off the passenger lock doesnt?????? Why is that??????

Ade

Hi all

I left my keys on my passenger seat the other day and the doors locked themselves?????? Why is that????

Sometimes when set off driving the doors lock automatically and other times they dont??????? Why is that?????

Sometimes when the doors lock after setting off the passenger lock doesnt?????? Why is that??????

Ade

MINE OFTEN DOES THE SAME LOCKS ITSELF FOR NO APPARENT REASON EVEN WHEN THE ENGINE IS RUNNING AND KEYS IN THE IGNITION ? I AM AS BAFFLED AS YOU ARE WILL KEEP MY EYE OUT TO SEE FOR A POSSIBLE SOLOUTION..ANDY..

the drivers door lock acts as a kind of master for the locking, when this starts to break down it can cause all sorts of problems like the moton auto lock activating and doors having a mind of there own. this would be my first part of investigation

• 2 months later...

its a safety feature that has been added but its only supposed to lock when the vehicle is in motion the doors that dont lock are the ones that arnt shut properly i have the same thing in my works van dont worry about that well unless you lock your self out lol

• 4 months later...
its a safety feature that has been added but its only supposed to lock when the vehicle is in motion the doors that dont lock are the ones that arnt shut properly i have the same thing in my works van dont worry about that well unless you lock your self out lol

Mine were locking and unlocking at various times, driving etc. However now the central locking wont work at all. An there is a clicking from the dash board. And the immobiliser light just flickers on and off.

Any pointers as to why would eb gratefully received. Its been a great car and at 133k miles is still going like a trainand dont really want to scrap it.

Any ideas????

cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club