Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Footwell Lights

pugboy

Hi

Not sure if you guys on here know this, but the majority of the current Focus models are prewired for the footwell lights - you just plug the bulbs in! I've done this on my 55 plate Zetec and on two of my workmates cars who have 08 plate Zetec's.

Just letting you know anyway as its a nice little extra to have and it only costs a couple of quid for the bulbs.

If anyone else knows of any similar enhancements that can be made on the cheap let me know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i've had a look in my 2006 1.8tdci and there is no wiring for the footwells. had the glovebox out and all sorts nothing. so it must have been removed at some point.

Hi

Not sure if you guys on here know this, but the majority of the current Focus models are prewired for the footwell lights - you just plug the bulbs in! I've done this on my 55 plate Zetec and on two of my workmates cars who have 08 plate Zetec's.

Just letting you know anyway as its a nice little extra to have and it only costs a couple of quid for the bulbs.

If anyone else knows of any similar enhancements that can be made on the cheap let me know.

I am really interested in this thread. Where is the footwell light meant to be and where can i find the wiring?

Put your hand up the inside of the footwell by the centre console. You will see a little round black bit of plastic that looks a bit like a rawl plug. Bung the bulb in there! Its one of the little bulbs like you might put in a sidelight or your wing indicator. w5w is it?

So basically it doesn't look like a normal light within the car as there is no cover and its not one of those little sausage bulbs like the other lights.

All the Zetec Climate models I have come across have had this and just needed the bulbs pushing in to the holder.

Put your hand up the inside of the footwell by the centre console. You will see a little round black bit of plastic that looks a bit like a rawl plug. Bung the bulb in there! Its one of the little bulbs like you might put in a sidelight or your wing indicator. w5w is it?

So basically it doesn't look like a normal light within the car as there is no cover and its not one of those little sausage bulbs like the other lights.

All the Zetec Climate models I have come across have had this and just needed the bulbs pushing in to the holder.

I will do a search for the rawl plug in a minute.

Once i found the rawl plug, is it meant to go anywhere with the bulb plugged in? Does it require a cover?

Nice one, pugboy :)

starfield,

your not looking up the actual "side" of the centre consul. It's nearer to the side of the centre consul, than being dead centre of the footwell opening space. Its right of centre of footwell space on passenger side, left of centre on drivers side.

Its in a fixed situation pointing downwards, just push a bulb in....that's it sorted nothing else to do.

I must check this on ol' fellas mk2 55 plate also. I never spotted this when changing his pollen filter ha. Are there light bulb holders for both footwells?

Are there light bulb holders for both footwells?

Is the pope catholic ;)

Hi

Thanks for the info. It looks like all the the Focus's have the bulb holders. Just found them on my 09 plate which is a Style version with mods. I put some blue bulbs in and they look great. Im pretty sure my Mk1 Focus had these and so did all three of my Mondeo's.

What's the exact wattage of the bulb?This is an excellent feature as there has been a few times i've dropped things in the footwell at night and could do with this bulb. Thanks for the info.

I have got a 1.8L petrol zetec climate, 56 reg. I have been looking but could not find anything in which to plug a light bulb.

Some pictures will be very helpful.

What's the exact wattage of the bulb?This is an excellent feature as there has been a few times i've dropped things in the footwell at night and could do with this bulb. Thanks for the info.

5 watts. Same as a sidelight bulb.

You want bulbs like these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-2-W5W-T10-501-bulbs-sidelights-indicators-bulb-/320603999058?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa57ccb52#ht_2294wt_821

You can get LED one's, but I have found them to be no brighter and they tend to have a blue tinge.

I paid £2.99 in Motorworld today :(

I have been looking for where the bulb should go. I can find where it is meant to be; it is a hard plastic bracket on the frame but there is no bulb holder, nor wires. Do I need to look for the wires somewhere else?

I have been looking for where the bulb should go. I can find where it is meant to be; it is a hard plastic bracket on the frame but there is no bulb holder, nor wires. Do I need to look for the wires somewhere else?

That's a bummer

Anyway I've been out an taken a picture for you

post-9643-0-35976900-1295462191_thumb.jp

Pictures say a thousand words - it is hard to describe, but you just bung the bulb in that holder if you have it. You dont need to be looking for wires etc

nope had glove box out, no wires on my 2006 1.8 tdci 5 door. wired in 4 footwell lights and switch tho, will post piccys up on my mod thread

I have also looked for theses elusive foot well lamp holders in my 2009 Zetec 1.6 TDI and, alas just an empty bracket with no holder or wires.

Obviously Ford left them out as a weight saving so they could scrape under the £30 a year road fund tax.

Would be useful to know the colours of the wires feeding the lamp holder. If one of you lucky ones with a pre-wired holder could take a look it would be worth poking around to see if there are a couple of spares tucked away in an adjacent loom.

• 3 months later...

Ha Ha, just ordered the bulbs off eBay that go into these holders. Went to check that i had the holders and lo and behold nope. No wires anywhere. What an idiot. 1.6 tdci 2006 model.

simple enough to wire in LED strips into the courtesy light so they come on when you flick a switch or when the doors open. if anyone wants details i can post up if wanted?

Seen some nice Amber leds on eBay, would also be good to get extra holders and transfer under the front seats to light up the back foot wells . a cunning plan me thinks.

Just checked my 2009 (59) Focus Zetec S 1.8 petrol and they are there. Can you get these bulbs in different colours or not?

Could always tint the bulb glass if not... I think they are standard boring yellow though.

the bulbs can come in all different colours. personally i would use these:

http://www.crazyleds.co.uk/501-T10-LED/

at the moment i use, as i dont have the wiring:

http://www.crazyleds.co.uk/Footwell-lighting-LED-strips.html

they are wired, by myself, to the courtesy light, so they come on when the door is opened or when the switch is flicked.