Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Footwell Lights

pugboy

why thank you old chap lol all i need now is an ashtray cover i will get one for less than 55 quid i will

why thank you old chap lol all i need now is an ashtray cover i will get one for less than 55 quid i will

if things get any worse mate with the euro etc.broke.gif

ill take mine off and sell it to you for a £20 sterling Note.

is it getting that bad lol very few mk2s in the scrappys even less cc and the st sits on a rack where you have to pay 600 quid just to get the thing down and that guy on eBay is making a killing covering old ones with carbon wrap last one went for 70 quid for a blooming cover

Try asking Ford how much they are.

I had to replace my gear surround panel and it cost £65 - for a bit of plastic?

• 2 weeks later...

Are these lights definitely linked to the main interior lights? I have a strange problem with my mk2.5 where the footwell lights come on/fade off exactly as they should but the main courtesy lights (front and rear) stay on all the time (as if the doors are open) no matter where the switch is positioned. Any thoughts?

sounds like one of the door sensors is faulty and registering the door as being open when its closed

I thought that too but when I open the door the info display in the speedo cluster shows the door as being open, when shut it goes off as it should

the display is designed to go off after a period of time usually 30mins the door sensor wont effect that it will still go off as normal even if the door sensor is duff the dash display just holds information for a set period and so isnt directly linked with the light

I meant that if I sit in the car and open the door it shows the door as being open, if I shut the door it immediately shows it as not open, if I open it again is shows it as open, etc. So surely that display would use the door sensor? Any idea where these door sensors are - clearly the days of little switches in the door shuts are well gone!?

im not sure mate maybe worth a trip to the stealers as you say cant be a switch so could be a wiring issue has this issue startd since you fitted the footwell lights? are they standard or led?

I just have to say to the op what a good find this is. Just checked in my 08 Zetec, and they were there. Now looks a lot better at night. Thanks chaps.

has this issue startd since you fitted the footwell lights?

No, never worked. It was only when I fitted the footwell lights that I realised that the on/dim to off circuit must be working - hence why I asked if they were definitely on the same circuit

if the centre light is an led then it wont go off try replacing the centre courtesy light bulb but they are on the same circiut

Everything is standard, no LEDs anywhere.. the rear centre light is the same. All quite baffling! Must be a wiring issue somewhere I guess

Everything is standard, no LEDs anywhere.. the rear centre light is the same. All quite baffling! Must be a wiring issue somewhere I guess

Have you Got the ELM327 and the ford diagnostic software from the forum,

because you can use it to set the ammount of time the interior light stays on for when the door is opened or the engine switched off.

anything from 30 seconds to 30 minutes

Capture-1-1.jpg

Hi

Not sure if you guys on here know this, but the majority of the current Focus models are prewired for the footwell lights - you just plug the bulbs in! I've done this on my 55 plate Zetec and on two of my workmates cars who have 08 plate Zetec's.

Just letting you know anyway as its a nice little extra to have and it only costs a couple of quid for the bulbs.

If anyone else knows of any similar enhancements that can be made on the cheap let me know.

Thanks for this ill have to check it out in my 05 focus.. Don't mean to sound to daft but I have an idea where to find the lights but would anyone be as kind to put up a pic or two as to where they are :) thanks in advance

Thanks for this ill have to check it out in my 05 focus.. Don't mean to sound to daft but I have an idea where to find the lights but would anyone be as kind to put up a pic or two as to where they are :) thanks in advance

The irish models have the wiring their but no power,

i had to wire mine up to the centre interior light to get them to illuminate but you can also fit some in the rear footwells too.

here is a picture of the passenger side footwell, should me a little light grey socke mounted in a black metal clip.

Image2068.jpg

if the centre light is an led then it wont go off try replacing the centre courtesy light bulb but they are on the same circiut

Just noticed in your mods you have a grille s badge, may I ask where you got this? Iv been looking on eBay and can't seem to find one, only an Rs one there.

The irish models have the wiring their but no power,

i had to wire mine up to the centre interior light to get them to illuminate but you can also fit some in the rear footwells too.

here is a picture of the passenger side footwell, should me a little light grey socke mounted in a black metal clip.

Image2068.jpg

Cheers mate. It's where I thought :)

Have you Got the ELM327 and the ford diagnostic software from the forum

I don't yet but I'm not sure that would help, the lights are on all the time (even if I turn the ignition on) so that's why I think there must be a strange wiring issue as the footwell lights perform exactly as the courtesy light should.

if your talking about led lights i found my led courtesy light stays dim when the ignition is off for about an hr but dont worry its just using the electricity in the cables so i believe

I'm not, it's a standard bulb and it is on at full blast!

was the wiring for the footwell lights already in place or have you installed them yourself?? and if so did you tap in to wires behind the dash board, or run a cable up to the courtesy light??

i wouldnt have thought it was the door sensors as the footwell lights would stay on aswel, if they are on the same loom...

was the wiring for the footwell lights already in place or have you installed them yourself?? and if so did you tap in to wires behind the dash board, or run a cable up to the courtesy light??

i wouldnt have thought it was the door sensors as the footwell lights would stay on aswel, if they are on the same loom...

Do you have a pic of your s badge on the front? I want to get that done.. Where did you get it?

was the wiring for the footwell lights already in place

Yup, just plugged in some normal bulbs and it all worked as it should. It's very strange, I can only think that there must be a microswitch for the lights in the door latch or something that might be faulty. It must be separate from the circuit that tells the info screen that a door is open - if one of those went faulty I guess it might think a door is always open. It's at a garage at the moment getting a thorough check over and I asked them to take a quick look over but I don't want them to waste hours on sorting it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club