Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Footwell Lights

pugboy

Yup, just plugged in some normal bulbs and it all worked as it should. It's very strange, I can only think that there must be a microswitch for the lights in the door latch or something that might be faulty. It must be separate from the circuit that tells the info screen that a door is open - if one of those went faulty I guess it might think a door is always open. It's at a garage at the moment getting a thorough check over and I asked them to take a quick look over but I don't want them to waste hours on sorting it!

like i said im sure if it was a door switch the footwell lights would stay on aswell !! so id rule that out.... have you tried taking the bulbs back out to see if that fixes the problem??

then you could add new wires from the footwell lights to the courtesy light...

Before fitting the footwell bulbs the courtesy light stayed on all the time too, fitting them highlighted that the timed dim to off functioned correctly - this is why I wasn't sure if they actually were on the same circuit!

ooooo ok sorry i didnt know it was an issue before!! erm you tryed removing the courtesy lights to look at the circuit on the back could be a loose wire making a connection where its not wanted, if that makes sense...

interiorlight-1.jpg

im sure you know how to remove it, but if not heres a pic to help you out.

starting with the yellow arrow, lever the light down using a small flat head screwdriver, then onto the green arrows, doing the same thing.

hope this is of some help

Just noticed in your mods you have a grille s badge, may I ask where you got this? Iv been looking on eBay and can't seem to find one, only an Rs one there.

heres a pic for you...

IMG_5696-1.jpg

its just a standard badge the sticks on... its not like the st one with the nuts n bolts

heres a pic for you...

IMG_5696-1.jpg

its just a standard badge the sticks on... its not like the st one with the nuts n bolts

Looks really good mate! Is it one of these? And if so I take it that it won't come off easily!?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-FIESTA-FOCUS-ZETEC-S-BADGE-EMBLEM-BOOT-WING-KA-C-MAX-GALAXY-RS-GRILL-BLUE-/320924211809?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab892da61

Looks really good mate! Is it one of these? And if so I take it that it won't come off easily!?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ab892da61

yea looks the same... and as long as you clean the surface before sticking, and get it right the first time, its surprisingly solid.

i had my doubts at first... put it this way iv taken the car those eastern European car washes atleast 5 times since having it on there and its still going strong!!

I know it's been while since this was created (!!) however i wanted to add in my thanks to the OP and everyone else who's chipped in!

I have a 59reg (UK) Zetec S and it was plug and play with the bulbs, working immediately!

Also a thanks to Lenny and Preee for all the guides i've read - you have made my next few weeks busy!!

yea looks the same... and as long as you clean the surface before sticking, and get it right the first time, its surprisingly solid.

i had my doubts at first... put it this way iv taken the car those eastern European car washes atleast 5 times since having it on there and its still going strong!!

That's grand so... Iv been debating whether it would stick or not!

I know it's been while since this was created (!!) however i wanted to add in my thanks to the OP and everyone else who's chipped in!

I have a 59reg (UK) Zetec S and it was plug and play with the bulbs, working immediately!

Also a thanks to Lenny and Preee for all the guides i've read - you have made my next few weeks busy!!

No probs mate,

theirs one thing better than saying thanks,

and that is: that you keep us updated on your progress and some pictures too mate.

look foward to seeing the results.

Hey guys gals

i've plugged mine in.

I wasnt sure where the socket was, so took a photo for others to locate them, they are both closer to the centre console than the doors, and quite akward to see.

Mine were all wired up etc. Mk2.5 2009 zetec s

footwelllights.jpg

if your talking about led lights i found my led courtesy light stays dim when the ignition is off for about an hr but dont worry its just using the electricity in the cables so i believe

Hi, do we know why?

I've just changed mine for LED lights inside, (they were normal 501 bulbs) and they go on and off as they should?

gc88

Found mine and put two bulbs in this morning working fine. Great little improvement to car and only cost 3 quid.

• 4 months later...

I have sockets and cable coming to them but no power. Would magic cable and elmconfig program sort it?

Just had a look through elmconfig in offline mode and didn't see option to turn these lights on... any suggestions? I rather keep it 'factory made' but will consider putting led strips in footwells and under seats at a later stage.

Would like to thank the pugboy for this info, plugged in some bulbs and it's working fine, quick question can you buy LED lights that don't stay on very dim when switched off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Reluctant to drag up an old thread but wanted to keep this together. After seeing the MILs Fiesta with footwell lights I wanted to revisit them on mine. I've a 2008 1.6 TDCI Mk 2.5 Zetec Focus. Took the bulb out of the boot light to test, found the grey bulbholders no problems, popped the bulb in and hey presto, working instantly. Bought two more bulbs today and it's looking sweet. Not a bad mod for £1.60!

Thanks for all the info here!

JG

• 2 months later...

old topic i know, just thought id say my 2010 focus has a holder but thats it, no wires at all! pain in the !Removed!. footwell lights look pretty decent aswell.

old topic i know, just thought id say my 2010 focus has a holder but thats it, no wires at all! pain in the !Removed!. footwell lights look pretty decent aswell.

just pull a wire down from your center curtesy light , run into the bulb holders and fix to an earth and your good to go.

I had the same trouble,

As pree says,

Or purchase an illuminated ignition ring on e-bay comes with a loom makes it easier to splice in the footwell lighting,

Also see my guide in the list below this post for rear footwell lighting too,

thanks to the OP as it turns out that my Mk2.5 Zetec had these smile.png

Started out with some LEDs but wasn't happy so switched to http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310466634769 & now happy.

I agree entirely, I tried 2 different types of LEDs.

The second ones I tried were "wide angle" but gave the same concentrated patch of light as the first ones, and it looked very poor.

After fitting conventional coloured bulbs, the spread of light is far superior.

Modern technologoy is not always "better"

• 2 weeks later...

Just been out and done it...at 10 o'clock, in the snow...

Mildly amused at finding this thread actually...last weekend I found a twin pack of W5W bulbs that I bought when I got my first car (Punto - boot light didn't work...cause: dodgy connector). I was considering ditching them but the old phrase "You know these will come in handy a week after you ditch them!!" So I slung them back in the car ^_^

I was also considering wiring in some lights for the footwells - no need now!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Im looking to start installing some footwell lights as there is nothing there, holders or wires!

those of you who have already done the installation, I seek your more knowledgeable wisdom as I need more than just a guess or hope!

Can you advise if the following should work? - (baring in mind this is for a 55 Focus CMAX!)

Fuse tap - rather than splice wires, I want to put this into the fuse with the interior lights, and wire straight into the open end - keep things all tidy!

"add a circuit" Fuse Tap:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230652186731?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

LED's

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/blue-10cm-6-SMD-LED-Flexible-Strip-Light-Car-Van-bike-12V-custom-lighting-/281082399161?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4171d109b9

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190726359088?var=490098422045&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

or (slightly favoured!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130804087484?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Is it advisable to have any additional wire to extend the reach? I plan on putting these in all four footwells (front and rear!). Can any of you advise any trusted / decent wire that wont spontaneously combust and engulf my vehicle?

Is it reasonable to wire all four of these into the one fuse tap? and will that piggback fuse tap work? I heard something about piggy backs, the wrong ones can cause damage?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club