Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Footwell Lights

pugboy

damnit I can still only find four screws!

Its going to be a hands up the centre console job for the RHS screw,

I still seem to be missing two though :|

Have ya looked in ya Haynes manual?

Yeah, I got more use out of asking the glovebox where it was hiding them :p

Unfortunately a grainy photo with the words "remove the 7 retaining screws as shown in the picture" with no clear markings on the picture for where the other 3 screws are!

Typical Haynes.

Why don't they do an online version with easy to follow video or higher quality photos?

Easier to update too when someone points out they got something wrong yet again.

Agreed Clive, it would be useful, if you used a code from your Haynes to access the online versions so people dont just browse it and they lose out!

Vince, I managed to pull that loose trim off but didnt realise that the screw there was for the glovebox! perhaps its worth a dig through once I have got my current problems fixed!

I really need to get ETIS up and running,..

Checked for the bulb holders in my 2005 1.6 zetec the other day, I found them so ordered sume bulbs. I fitted them today and they work great, best cheap mod ever! :lol:

I have the bulb holders too. I wanted to take a feed off the front footwells to fit rears and fit an LED strip in the front wells but I'm not that keen on splicing into wires. So found these on eBay by chance. They are plastic bases for LED Bulbs. So I can wire up the led strips to these and just plug them in and remove them when I need to. Minimum order was 10 but they sent 20. Bonus!. So if anyone has a use for them let me know and I will pass on the spares.

post-36775-0-23099900-1366828035_thumb.j

• 5 months later...

Found I had the bulb holders on my 2011 Sport cost of mod 20p well worth it :rolleyes:

SWMBO has been complaining recently about the boot being dark since I 'stole' the bulb for the drivers side footwell so I had a quick look on amazon.

Ordered these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002CI89Q0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 on Tuesday and they turned up today. :)

89p INCLUDING P+P for 10 bulbs!!!

So now the passenger side footwell lights up as well as the drivers and the boot is lit again AND I've still got 8 spare bulbs :)

• 2 months later...

I had a look today... No sign of a bulb holder... Possibly the mount for the bulb holder though. A picture would be grand!

I had a look today... No sign of a bulb holder... Possibly the mount for the bulb holder though. A picture would be grand!

Mines the same, bulb mounting point there but that's it unfortunately

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Checked, no cigar unfortunately, but bulb holders are cheap, so are bulbs and ive got so much wire floating around here im going to just retrofit.

Question though, I dont want to splice into the interior light wires, and i dont want to add a tacky illuminated ignition ring, so can i buy the ignition ring, and chop the ring off and just tape the wires and then splice into that loom for the footwell lights?

...Or would i need to join the wires after i cut the ring off...

Or is there another way to do it, without having to splice into the interior light circuit in the roof light?

I only have the little black tabs where the bulb holders should be, but no holders.. not fussed about buying what i need though. I have read through some stuff, and apparently the wires for the footwell lights are in behind the glovebox already, just not joined to anything (as there are no bulb holders) is this correct? and couldn't i just find them, and join both aftermarket bulb holders to these wires?

If the bulb holders aren't in the holes then generally there is no wiring either.

Buy a light ring and cut/splice the cables as you say.

Extend the wires and connect the bulb holders in parallel.

If you don't want to buy holders you could use adhesive LED strips which will give a bigger spread of light.

BTW, I don't consider the ignition light tacky at all, it merely adds a function found on many cars already and imho is practical and of benefit (to me anyway).

Hi mate, and thanks. I think for the cost of the bulb holders, it will look a bit more factory. Plus i don't want it too bright to be honest.

As for the ignition ring, each to their own i guess. I don't have an ignition barrel so its a bit defunct for me anyway, but i can see your point.

No offense was intended :)

• Like 1

No offense was intended :)

None taken Fella.

Without an ignition key hole the light would be a tad defunct anyway. ;)

• Like 1

Just do what I did and buy the proper connectors and make up a loom no splicing needed and totally removable should you wish. You will need 1way and 2 way t shaped connectors and both male/female. That way it just piggy backs off the interior light loom.

I found this place the cheapest to get all thebstuff and can get the bulb holders too ( light grey rubbery ones I bought were fine) did end up with stuff left over but it has come in handy for other things I did on the car

http://www.thetoolboxshop.com/blade-terminal-connectors.html

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Nice one mate.

That looks a lot more my style. I hate splicing into wires. When your attaching the wire to the terminals, do you need to solder? or can you just slide the wire in and crimp the ends?

Nice one mate.

That looks a lot more my style. I hate splicing into wires. When your attaching the wire to the terminals, do you need to solder? or can you just slide the wire in and crimp the ends?

yeah slide in, crimp it down I used sealing heatshrink to cover the crimp/part of the wire, they then just push into the connectors and will lock into place

Should look something like this

1393235847_picsay-1393235847_zpsdh3bsb57

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi

Not sure if you guys on here know this, but the majority of the current Focus models are prewired for the footwell lights - you just plug the bulbs in! I've done this on my 55 plate Zetec and on two of my workmates cars who have 08 plate Zetec's.

Just letting you know anyway as its a nice little extra to have and it only costs a couple of quid for the bulbs.

If anyone else knows of any similar enhancements that can be made on the cheap let me know.

This was already their even in the mk1.5 focus hidden & taped up in loom.

Yunii

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Guys I'm going for a green theme inside and was just wondering, Will these fit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331022701767&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

I like the look of these but want a decent bulb thats not going to break in a few days.

Thanks

Em

Those will fit but can't vouch for the spread of light from them.

Cheers stoney, the spread isn't major for me as it's only to illuminate the front foot wells when i first get in the car, would the LED style be better?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-T10-501-W5W-5-SMD-5050-LED-Side-Light-Interior-Number-Plate-Bulb-Super-Bright-/281124454511?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=580204790944&hash=item417452c06f

Maybe something like these?