Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Footwell Lights

pugboy

You absolute star stoney :)

Thanks a lot mate!!

Em

I'm not just a pretty face ;) (tbh I'm not particularly pretty either :p)

1stghia if they were green I'd have them!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

hey Emma http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-GREEN-20-SMD-LED-501-T10-W5W-Side-Number-Plate-Interior-Light-SUPER-BRIGHT-/330871328055?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d0977cd37

although those are non canbus, have a look in the guys shop for canbus, although error free have less led's, which I presume is becuse of the built in resistors.

• 1 month later...

Anyone recommend bright white bulbs for the holders?

I got these after buying a couple of cheap 501s to make sure the holders were wired. The cheap yellow lights give a better spread of light, but obviously the ones below are a nice white colour, but don't fill the footwells as good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-8-XENON-WHITE-SMD-LED-501-T10-W5W-WEDGE-CANBUS-NO-ERROR-FREE-SIDE-LIGHT-BULB-/320929397323?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab8e1fa4b

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Those bulbs will get good spread and you won't see them sticking out.

I use blue ones like that and they look good to me.

Kind of gutted i dont have these may just have to retrofit them does anyone know the part number for the bulb holders?

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Ford OC mobile app

To theduke. I also have a mk2.5 focus and mine have the foot well fittings. Do you want me to take a photo of where to find them? I have changed all my internal lighting to blue tinted LED.

To theduke. I also have a mk2.5 focus and mine have the foot well fittings. Do you want me to take a photo of where to find them? I have changed all my internal lighting to blue tinted LED.

Appreciate the offer but mine doesnt have them theres a pic on page 3 theres just a hole there on mine :(

Might just get some 501 bulb holders and tap the interior light feed, The hole appears to be made so the bulb holders can be twisted into place and secured would look much neater if i could get hold of them

When you say a hole is it circular with a slit through the middle? You shouldn't need to buy an adapter for the year and mark of your focus. 501 bulbs should slot straight in. I can take a picture of mine looking up so you can see you slot I have in mine.

James

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Theres the hole but theres no bulb holder or wiring there on either side

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Ford OC mobile app

post-44312-139983208264_thumb.jpg

I see what you mean. Let me have a look at mine and ill see whether it looks like that

You need a pair of these-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-T10-W5W-501-Plug-in-Light-Bulb-Plastic-Extension-Socket-Holder-2pcs-/301124742454?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item461c6eed36

There are many types available on eBay but only holders with 2 tabs fit properly.

Lenny and I have guides for fitting the footwell lights.

• Like 1

You need a pair of these-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-T10-W5W-501-Plug-in-Light-Bulb-Plastic-Extension-Socket-Holder-2pcs-/301124742454?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item461c6eed36

There are many types available on ebay but only holders with 2 tabs fit properly.

Lenny and I have guides for fitting the footwell lights.

Thanks ill check the guides again now :)

is there any truth in them being hidden somewhere in the centre console?

I have just checked mine and you are correct. Mine have a grey kind of adapter in them. Them on eBay look similar to what i had as standard

If the holders aren't in the brackets then it's unlikely they are there.

Some cars come with holders and no bulbs (a bit dumb).

Mine come with holders and no bulbs.. when i was changing all the internal bulbs i checked and fortunatly there were there

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Old thread, I know......but checked mine, and bonus all there and now works as I had some spare bulbs. :)

2010 Focus 1.6 110 TDCI (dpf) Zetec

• Like 1

result!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Sorry to re-resurect an old post,but,

Don't normally join these forums/sites online,just normally read for advice etc. But after finding this post last night I just had to join site as really wanted to reply with thanks to op as this worked a treat for me same as many others.

Got a white 61 plate Focus Sport 1.6 mk2.5 (one of the last of this model I believe) and after reading this last night went out today and tested with boot light and to my delight footwell illumination worked a treat as described so promptly rushed out to Halfords (only place open on sunday around here) and for a full £3.49 I bought 2 Bosch 501 w5w bulbs (and another 2 as spares being the eternal pessimist I am) and now have footwell courtesy lights working in conjunction with interior light when unlock car etc which seems to me good value for £3.49!

Thanks again op! :D Made my day!

• Like 1

Looked at mine the other day 2009 Focus Zetec and couldn't find it, been out again and they are there, sans bulbs! I think I may get some bulbs and fit them! However, my main interior light is a bit dodge where it doesn't like switching on when the doors are open. Any ideas?

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

Could be a sticky door switch.

You can test all switches by pressing and holding the rear demist button while starting the car.

You'll get a beep once the test mode is active and also a beep with hazard light flash when you push any switch and wiper/indicator lever.

The door switches should do this too.

To deactivate just restart and press/hold the demister button again.

• Like 1

Thanks for that, I will give it a go

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone