Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2000 Fiesta Zetec 1.25 Problems

ChrisXL

Hey everyone.

In the past week or so I've been having a couple of problems with my Fiesta and I'm not sure if it's something I should have properly looked at or something I could possibly fix myself. I'm hoping that one of you might be able to suggest potential problems/solutions.

Basically, I did about a 300 mile journey the other week, and when I got in my car the next day, I could feel that it wasn't running right. The engine was idling at around 900-1000rpm, there was a lot of vibration coming from the car and the exhaust sounded really odd, almost like it was chugging. I looked at the exhaust and it seemed really loose, so I thought initially it could be the exhaust clip. Also, there has definitely been a significant loss of power, especially at lower revs.

So the next day I took it to a garage, described the symptoms, they looked at it and said that the mid part of my exhaust was pretty badly corroded and they replaced it for me. got it back the next day and there hasn't been a difference at all. Unfortunatly, I had to rush back up to my uni and couldn't take it back to the garage (Although, they didn't charge me a lot for doing this). It survived the 150 mile journey fine, but now I really want to get this fixed.

Does anyone have any potential problems? I have yet to have a proper look under the bonnet as I've been completely swamped with work, but I have a few hours off tomorrow and will have a look at all cabling and leads under the bonnet.

- Low revs when idling

- Exhaust sounds different/not normal (hard to explain the sound, but like a chug)

- Loss of power at low revs

- Noticeable rise in vibration when idling

I'm not very mechanically inclined, so any further info/reading would be greatly appreciared!!!

Thanks!!

• 2 months later...

Hi ChrisX,

Have you fixed the problem ? If yes could you please share ? I've exactly the same trouble with my Fiesta 1.25 :(

thanks in advance.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club